Personal News of a Miraculous Nature

Yesterday I became a dad for the second time. Keaton Zander Beltmann was born February 19th at 7:59am. Both baby and mom are healthy and doing very well! Keaton is a big kiddo: 9 lbs, 11 oz and 20.5 inches long. Since he is surprisingly large, the nurses checked his blood sugar levels and discovered it was low; after one feeding, though, his levels rose to a normal range and everything is now going smoothly. In a few weeks he will be ready to help dad snowblow! And his big sister is already very proud and deeply possessive... she keeps referring to her little brother as "my baby," often while reminding everyone to shush so the baby can sleep.

I know what you're thinking... "Keaton" must surely be named after the guy in my avatar. Actually, though, it's a name that Stacy and I picked out five or six years ago--if our daughter had been a boy, she would have been Keaton--and we just couldn't think of anything better to supplant it as the favorite. The connection to Buster is incidental, but definitely a cool added bonus!

I'll post some pics at first opportunity. (I'm posting from home, and the camera is still at the hospital. Stacy had a C-section, so she and the baby will remain there for a few more days.)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww. :wub Big congrats to you, mom, and big sis! I like Keaton's name very much. :yes (Do you mind me asking what big sis' name is?)

Actually Michael came to mind, specifically, his Oscar worthy, yet criminally overlooked performance in the smash hit, feel good movie of the year, 1986 - Gung Ho. The other Keaton, as a sort of inspiration is ok to though I guess.

But anyways, congratulations, that is great news. And, if he

Aw, congratulations! Can't wait to see photos of the big little guy.

Healing vibes to your wife. C-sections can be a bitch.

Though, I thought you named him after Alex P. Keaton* :lol

*edit - Jen and I are in sync

:lol I have been accused by a certain someone on this board of having an irrational attachment to Family Ties after suggesting Mallory, Elise, and Keaton as possible baby names.