SNL! SNL! SNL!!!

they're taping Conan, on Monday the 25th. and the official SNL announcement is up on Wilcoweb now.

Thank you, I already know about SNL from the site, but are they just taping Conan on Monday or will they be on? I ask because on Conan's website, it says another band will be on Monday.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol

They typically reserve that sort of treatment for the more talented musicians like Jon Bon Jovi.

:lol

that's awesome, it's about time.

i wonder if they were slotted to play before the writer's strike. will this be the first new snl?

super exicted and happy for them :w00t

i'm hoping for either way and sbs, although leave me like you found me would be awesome. :wub

Do you have to even think about it??????????!!!!

Oh man.... I would so be thinking about this, except I realized I am going to CA this week on business so a weekend trip to NY looks pretty undoable. I only wish that there was more time.

Here's what I think:

Either Way

Muzzle of Bees

Oh man.... I would so be thinking about this, except I realized I am going to CA this week on business so a weekend trip to NY looks pretty undoable. I only wish that there was more time.

Here's what I think:

Either Way

Muzzle of Bees

This would be very cool. Muzzle of bees is a fav of ours - I sometimes wih they had their tour schedule out a bit more in advance too - I often have lectures etc. I can't change and those DO get booked a long time in advance. Got to pay the bills though....

"What Light" didn't go over so well as the first single. I couldn't disagree more, definitely "Hate it Here" and "Impossible Germany."

what singles have Wilco had that actually "went over well" though? :unsure:

i'm saying in terms of mass appeal and memorable melody, i'd argue pretty hard that What Light? and Either Way are the most easily digestable and memorable melodies on SBS, especially for people not familiar with Wilco, which is all i was saying. didn't say they were the best songs.

Hate It Here is sorta catchy, but it definitely doesn't have the appeal of those other 2 songs, nor does Impossible Germany.

I'd love for them to play Impossible Germany, but bands get 4 minutes on SNL, so it'd have to be cut down quite a bit...

what singles have Wilco had that actually "went over well" though? :unsure

i'm saying in terms of mass appeal and memorable melody, i'd argue pretty hard that What Light? and Either Way are the most easily digestable and memorable melodies on SBS, especially for people not familiar with Wilco, which is all i was saying. didn't say they were the best songs.

Hate It Here is sorta catchy, but it definitely doesn't have the appeal of those other 2 songs, nor does Impossible Germany.

I'd love for them to play Impossible Germany, but bands get 4 minutes on SNL, so it'd have to be cut down quite a bit...

I would say "Thanks I Get" while not on SBS is one of the more catchy songs of the recent batch. Would be awesome if they could bring along the Da Total Pros for SNL.

I would say "Thanks I Get" while not on SBS is one of the more catchy songs of the recent batch. Would be awesome if they could bring along the Da Total Pros for SNL.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Total Pros will be there at SNL! (And at DC the Tues/Wed before).

-Max

It does seem odd that they would appear on 2 NBC shows within a week. My guess is they were scheduled for Conan but when SNL came back from the strike they needed someone, so maybe Conan is now a no go?

It says Wilco on Conan on my DVR. I think it's a go.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Total Pros will be there at SNL! (And at DC the Tues/Wed before).

-Max

kick ass!!!!!!

dude... "Is That The Thanks I Get" with the horns... make it happen ;)

Dude, seconded, thirded and fourthed, trust me. Make it happen, Max!!!

Yep, I noticed the change right after I posted that. I think we've squared away the relationship now.

i think that for the first song, the boys should clearly do something from SBS. I like "What Light" or "You Are my Face" for that. in a dream, I'd love to see them do "Germany." For the second number, if the fucking TV boys woud give them 6 or 7 minutes, i wish they'd do RE&B -> I got you. man, they would rock that shit so hard. It'd be a classic, a la Neil doin' "Rockin'" or that great Costello/Beasties number!

I'm sure SNL will play it safe. The bastards!