I think you guys will like this...

I hate when people do that. The guys in Wilco are nice enough to sign things for people, and when they go around and sell those...so annoying.

My ticket-stub signed by Jeff is framed, and staying within this household!

We got a drum head last year in VT signed by the band and we naturally would never part with it. It has a special place in our living room so our non-Wilco friends can say WTF is that? We saw folks after the next show in Toronto and the guy who gave it to us asked if we were going to sell it on e-bay and we were naturally very adament that we would NEVER do such a thing. Thank you WILCOs! It was really nice of them to give it to us I think they noticed we were at a few shows in that tour.

I sold a signed poster but only because I didn't get it signed in person (contest winnings) and already have in-person signed stuff. I hated to let it go, but I was strapped for Christmas cash. :ohwell

I sold a signed poster but only because I didn't get it signed in person (contest winnings) and already have in-person signed stuff. I hated to let it go, but I was strapped for Christmas cash. :ohwell

I don't think anyone would fault you for that -- it's the folks who pose as Wilco fans to get autographs from the band and then turn around and profit from the band's kindness that aggravate people around here.

When one buys autographed crap off ebay, craigs list, etc, how do they know that it's the actual autograph? I've alway wondered that...

There are a lot of fakes - I would not mess with such things. I saw a Marc Bolan signed guitar on Ebay once - the guitar was a new - so therefore, there is no way he could have signed it - unless he came back from the dead to do it.

I could never get buying autographs. To me the point of the autograph is the story of the personal encounter that goes with it. Now, I did get a signed wilco poster for a Katrina contribution and a DBT poster for a tsunami contribution, which gives me the opportunity to show off what a good guy I am. But why would you want to have a framed jersey or a signed guitar mounted on your wall if all's you can say is "I bought that on Craigslist."

My dad got me a signed Jerry Garcia print when I broke my arm, and in broken I mean 9 screws 3 pins and a plate. I never met Jerry but I can say that my father is a pretty nice cat!

yeah, in nashville there was a group of guys basically sitting at the stage door waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting Wilcos as they came out the door. they were having them sign stuff and taking pictures while they were signing, jeff asked if they were gonna put it on ebay or if they worked for a dealer and the guys were like "no.." i was gonna say something about it when they were doing it, but i didn't think it was my palce. it made me so mad though...

i have a ton of signed stuff from wilco and a couple other bands, and all of it is so special. i think the coolest thing though is that starbucks display... :) (thanks oceanman!!) it really is cool to look at the stuff. i have 3 wilco guitar pics too. 2 nels and one of jeff's signature ones. i wish there was a way i could make them in necklaces without destroying them....

i have 3 wilco guitar pics too. 2 nels and one of jeff's signature ones. i wish there was a way i could make them in necklaces without destroying them....

couldn't you take some of those rubber things, they make for color coding keys and put then around each pick, then run a think chain or rope inbetween each one? it might look bad, but it's an idea.