Job Interview Vibes?

I've been jobless forever now and I've finally got an interview tomorrow for a job I'm excited about and actually want. It's at a preschool. Any vibes you want to throw my way to help me get hired would be much appreciated!

And it benefits you like this: I make some dough----> I can afford to go to more Wilco shows----> I'll buy you a beer at the shows! :cheers

I'll also accept any interview tips you want to throw my way...any "what not to do" or "what to do" advice? Thanks!

I've been jobless forever now and I've finally got an interview tomorrow for a job I'm excited about and actually want. It's at a preschool. Any vibes you want to throw my way to help me get hired would be much appreciated!

And it benefits you like this: I make some dough----> I can afford to go to more Wilco shows----> I'll buy you a beer at the shows! :cheers

I'll also accept any interview tips you want to throw my way...any "what not to do" or "what to do" advice? Thanks!

Woot!

Good luck and vibes and all that. A few tips which you can take or leave...

Enjoy the interview -- there is nothing worse than a candidate that looks like they would rather be anywhere but there

Be enthusiastic about the job -- talk about what you would do with the position, but not in an arrogant way

Remember -- Look to them like you are the person that will not cause new problems for them while solving all their old ones

Lastly, remember that they already think you are qualified. You would not get the interview otherwise. Your goal is to be likeable and be a person that they think they could work with everyday.

Be enthusiastic about the job -- talk about what you would do with the position, but not in an arrogant way

being enthusiastic about the position is definitely a huge plus. Be prepared to talk about your strengths. I'm always surprised when people can't express to me why they are a fit for a given position. Also, if weaknesses come up, be prepared to explain your weakness and what you are doing to ensure success.

vibes

good luck, lynn!

i like to ask questions during an interview. it's a way to engage in normal conversation about your field. you can ask about something in the program that interests you, or that is new to you.

Also, if weaknesses come up, be prepared to explain your weakness and what you are doing to ensure success.

vibes

I hate the weakness question. It's so cliche. My best interview ever was "Looks like you got the education, the experience, now let's go have a beer.. ".. Had a few beers, laughed, shot the shit.. The manager thought I was a cool guy and I got the job. :thumbup

But good luck llynn. VIBES.

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Best of luck lynn.

What not to do tip: Don't be late.

What to do: Make plenty of eye contact. Smile. Arrive 10 minutes early. Have a question or two to ask the interviewer about the job (what's the student/teacher ratio, opportunity for advancement at the school, etc.).

Good vibes from Kansas! :cheekkiss You would be great at a preschool...in fact I wish you were here last summer when I was on the search committee for several open positions we had. :yes

Lastly, remember that they already think you are qualified. You would not get the interview otherwise. Your goal is to be likeable and be a person that they think they could work with everyday.

That's some damn good advice right there! - Good Luck :thumbup

Vibes!!!!!

I actually just had my first job interview EVER at the ripe old age of 20. I got the job and on the first day my boss said that I did really well on my interview. I'm also pretty shy SO if I can do it, you should have no problem.

It's done! Good lord, that was tough. I felt like

most of the time. I said "ummmmm" and probably "like" a lot. :no I was nervous and stuttery and I didn't make enough eye contact. They are offering me the chance to do some "sub" work to try me out though so I guess I didn't totally blow it. Grrrr. Why can't I just win the lottery and then do whatever I want forever and ever? :D

I really am excited though. I like the place, a non-profit that does early intervention for children with delays. They also work with adults and asked how I'd feel about working in that situation. I think it all sounds challenging (read exciting) and fulfilling.

Thanks for the vibes, you lovely folks!

They are offering me the chance to do some "sub" work to try me out though so I guess I didn't totally blow it. Grrrr.

This is great. They would not have offered this unless they want to hire you. When I helped run a pre-school this was what we always did before hiring. You need to see how the person does on the job with the little kids, first. It's your opportunity to take the job that's already yours, in a sense.