is such a good song, i need to make a thread about it. i love the bends in general, but fake plastic trees is just amazing. anyways, discuss.

I LOVE The Bends. Jonny Greenwood simply shreds his way to iconic status in Just.

It doesn't do a thing for me. I know it's a very popular Radiohead song but It's one of my least favorite. It feels like a pre-James Blunt song. At least the live version has something going on in the end with Greenwood guitar. As Radiohead ballad goes I'll always prefer 'The Tourist', 'Motion Picture Soundtrack', 'Banana co.', 'Talk Show Host' or 'Pyramid Song'.

I read they recorded it after a Jeff Buckley concert, the influence is clear. That entire record is a classic its strange to think how good radiohead really are in context of all their records. I mean the bends is a classic and Ok computer is even better and Kid A and Amnesiac is even better and Hailf to the theif is incredible and In Rainbows is better than the bends and Ok computer.

The best british band since you know who... is all Im sayin

It doesn't do a thing for me. I know it's a very popular Radiohead song but It's one of my least favorite. It feels like a pre-James Blunt song.

That may be a slight exaggeration there bub...

At least the live version has something going on in the end with Greenwood guitar. As Radiohead ballad goes I'll always prefer 'The Tourist', 'Motion Picture Soundtrack', 'Banana co.', 'Talk Show Host' or 'Pyramid Song'.

...On the other hand, we may just be brothers you and I, cause I mostly agree with this statement. The exception being "Banana Co." which is just ok in my book.

Ok computer is even better and Kid A and Amnesiac is even better and Hailf to the theif is incredible and In Rainbows is better than the bends and Ok computer.

Amnesiac is better than OK Computer?..... dem fightin' words

i prefer later-period RH as well, but as far as The Bends goes, my favorite tracks are probably "Black Star" and "Street Spirit (Fade Out)."

i forgot where i read it but Thom once called "Black Star" his favorite Radiohead song, and for good reason.

Fake Plastic Trees is great as well. That's a given.

I think Radiohead is the only contemporary band thats musically as good as wilco.

I actually completely agree with that statement.

Wilco and Radiohead are my two favorite active bands and I believe them to be probably the two best bands in the world right now, not overselling them or anything! :D

More recently, he's said that "How to Disappear Completely" is his favorite Radiohead song. That deserves another :wub.

Such a brilliant song! It strikes as being thew perfect ending song to a movie. I imagine a zoomed out shot of a really foggy rain forest. It fades out to black right as he sings "I'm not here" in a higher register. I think it's just incredible the way the gorgeous melody and jarring dissonance seem to do battle as this song ends.

Amnesiac is better than OK Computer?..... dem fightin' words

Yea I think so , but I meant Kid A and Amnesiac both, They are sorta Radioheads only Double album if you will.

But yea I think they are far better than Ok Computer, I dig the groves over the compositions.

I also think In Rainbows is better as a album than Ok Computer.

Ok Computer has those moments that are just so great, Im not bashing it at all.