• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bee Gees - To Love Somebody

Beach Boys - You Still Believe In Me

Kinks - Waterloo Sunset

That Kinks one was tough, so I just went with the classic that I've loved the longest. But it could have just as easily been any of 15 or 20 others.

Bee Gees - "I Gotta Get a Message to You" (haven't heard any in so long, so this is my best guess)

Beach Boys - "God Only Knows"

Kinks - "Waterloo Sunset," or possibly "This Time Tomorrow"

I'm a huge Kinks fan but not so much of the other two. Choosing a favorite Kinks song is torture.

BeeGees - To Love Somebody

Beach Boys - God Only Knows

Kinks - Waterloo Sunset

I joined the thread too late to be original.

BeeGees - love 'em, underrated band ... tough call ... how 'bout ... Love you Inside and Out edging out How Can you Mend a Broken Heart

Kinks - all-time top-5 band for me ... i'll go with Days over Waterloo Sunset and Plastic Man

Beach Boys - never dug 'em, but Good Vibrations is damn great

The BeeGees - "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart?"

The Beach Boys - "Wouldn't It Be Nice"

The Kinks - "The Village Green Preservation Society"

if any of you non-bee gees lovers want me to show you what you're missing out on with a mix of their best stuff (it'll be pre-disco, cos i'm not too keen on them from then on), then let me know. i still can't believe why they aren't as well known amongst you lot.

I dont think they got much airplay in their pre-disco days here in the States. I'd bet most folks dont even know the BGs have a bunch of albums before the Stayin Alive hit.

if any of you non-bee gees lovers want me to show you what you're missing out on with a mix of their best stuff (it'll be pre-disco, cos i'm not too keen on them from then on), then let me know. i still can't believe why they aren't as well known amongst you lot.

I'd listen to such a mix. I only know the disco stuff, which I hate.

i find it a bit strange that everyone so far likes the kinks, but not everyone likes the bee gees or the beach boys. anyone care to explain why?

I have lots of love for the Bee Gees and pretty much unlimited love for the Beach Boys. However, in answer to the above, I would submit:

41JNWT9RWHL.jpg

242138_170x170.jpg

I guess I'm another one of these ill-informed Americans who hasn't been exposed to much of the BeeGees' early stuff... very open to hearing more though. I'm intrigued now.

Kinks: Victoria (as perfect a pop song as any ever written)

Beach Boys: Don't Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder)