Pop Culture Blasphemy Thread

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want to hang out with tom hanks - he just seems cool.

Keeping in mind that I generally agree with your other thoughts, I'll go mano a mano with you on this one....

Tom Hanks seems like a pretentious prick and if he's attached to something it will quite a bit to win me over to the project. Felt this way since his Philadelphia acceptance speech, and I just can't shake the feeling.

Guest Muncle Douchey
Keeping in mind that I generally agree with your other thoughts, I'll go mano a mano with you on this one....

Tom Hanks seems like a pretentious prick and if he's attached to something it will quite a bit to win me over to the project. Felt this way since his Philadelphia acceptance speech, and I just can't shake the feeling.

i don't know about his acceptance speech - maybe it'd make me change my mind. but in general, i just think he seems cool for some reason.

i don't know about his acceptance speech - maybe it'd make me change my mind. but in general, i just think he seems cool for some reason.

As hard as I try to remove the personality of the artist from the work of the artist (which is why I can think that Sean Penn is the greatest living actor), I've never been able to do this for Hanks . And I'm probably dead wrong, he may be a great guy. For me, however.....

Guest Muncle Douchey
As hard as I try to remove the personality of the artist from the work of the artist (which is why I can think that Sean Penn is the greatest living actor), I've never been able to do this for Hanks . And I'm probably dead wrong, he may be a great guy. For me, however.....

ok - i watched his acceptance speech on you tube. pretty lame, i admit. but i still want to hang out with him. i'm not even sure what he was talking about - pretty incoherent.

seinfeld is the only show worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as "best show ever".

saved by the bell was strangely genious.

Curiously, saved by the bell > seinfeld.

And boy meets world > saved by the bell

In fact Seinfeld is the worst thing to ever wear the label 'comedy'. It would have been better calling it a drama on the off-chance something funny might, once in a while, come along and amuse you, rather than build up your expectations, kick you in the bollocks and fail.

Eerie Indiana is sorely missed. As is Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared.

Oh, and Will Smith became obnoxious and unwatchable the moment he left Carlton behind.

Prison Break is stupidly addictive.

Curiously, saved by the bell > seinfeld.

And boy meets world > saved by the bell

In fact Seinfeld is the worst thing to ever wear the label 'comedy'. It would have been better calling it a drama on the off-chance something funny might, once in a while, come along and amuse you, rather than build up your expectations, kick you in the bollocks and fail.

Oh, and Will Smith became obnoxious and unwatchable the moment he left Carlton behind.

Prison Break is stupidly addictive.

Every single episode of Seinfeld has a classic moment. It is the most popular syndicated show of all time and set the price record.

http://money.cnn.com/1998/09/14/bizbuzz/seinfeld/

They don't pay $1,600,000 an episode for a show if it didn't have merrits. I agree in the fact that it is taylored more so to NY humor so maybe some people out of the area don't get some of the refrences!

Keeping in touch and cell phones are fine. However, do not call me incessantly asking "where are you". And please do not feel any obligation to keep me perpetually updated on your whereabouts. And it is not cool to call from a noisy environ and expect me to be able to decipher what the devil it is you are trying to convey. Additionally, attempting to carry on a phone conversation and another with someone in close proximity is verboten and is subject to disconnection.

Are you David Fricke?

Guest Jules
The following stars are not attractive, despite what pop culture wants you to believe:

Julia Roberts - ok

Cameron Diaz - ok

Renee Zellweger - ok

Drew Barrymore - ok

Natalie Portman - hmm, yeah

Scarlett Johansson (that's right, I said it), what?

There are plenty more where those came from. Who sets the standards for taste, anyway? :no

i LOVE eerie indiana! my sister bought me the box set for christmas a couple of years ago. it's just as good as i remembered!!

No is the correct response.

For those of you not interested in Scarlett or Natalie Portman's looks, can you advise on who's looks you do admire? That would be great. Thanks.

While I find not a bit wrong with Scarlett or Natalie looks, I'm finding Christina Applegate to be sexy as hell as of late.