Wilco involved with Neil Finn project with Radiohead/Johnny Marr etc

Love her. I think I first heard her when I heard OP8, which was essentially Calexico with Lisa Germano.

There was one song that just slayed me: "Crackling Water." It still does, in fact.

I too love that OP8 record. Crackling Water is awesome. I always hoped OP8 would make a 2nd record....a great collection of musicians.

If you like "If I Think of Love" and "It's A Rainbow", you'd like most of her solo stuff.

For me, "Excerpts From a Love Circus" and "Happiness" are her 2 best records. "Geek the Girl" is good also, but even darker than the other 2.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantasy world: After a successful tour Ed O'Brien invites Jeff Tweedy and co. back to Radiohead's private studio where Thom Yorke and Johnny Greenwood are hanging out and they all casually bang out the best album of 2009.

I just got dizzy at your fantasy. I like the way you think :worship

Love her. I think I first heard her when I heard OP8, which was essentially Calexico/Giant Sand with Lisa Germano.

There was one song that just slayed me: "Crackling Water." It still does, in fact.

I need to pick that album up... my old roommate was the one that had the hard copy of this one.

Kevin

I remember Lisa from her work with John Mellencamp back in the late 80s/early 90s. I'm letting my Hoosier-ness show! She played on The Lonesome Jubilee, Big Daddy, Whenever We Wanted and Human Wheels.

I believe that Lisa Germano's father was my Hoosier girlfriend's orchestra/band teacher (or something like that).

I saw Lisa as part of Neil's band in 2003. Rhett Miller was the opener. That was quite a show.

I like Neil Finn also and imagine he'll do a good share of writing, but I'm hoping for various combinations of writers and singers.

For example, I'd LOVE to hear a Lisa Germano/Jeff Tweedy collaboration.

I think Germano's one of the more unknown and under-rated music artists. It would be a crime if she doesn't get to be the featured singer on at least track....she's got a great voice.

me too. I'm thinking these shows are gonna need to be 5 hours long to fit everybody in. Everyone should come. The NZ dollar is down to about 54 US cents. :thumbup

• 4 weeks later...
Jeff and the boys are now in Auckland NZ rehersing for this thing. Some footage from the rehersals in Neil Finn's studio has just been posted on the NZ TV3 website - features interviews with Jeff, the Radiohead guys, Johnny Marr etc.

http://www.3news.co.nz/Full-interviews-wit...ault.aspx#video

Damn! John was beaming in that interview.

Thanks for the link.

I always get a little embarrassed when I see tv interviews of bands visiting New Zealand. "So what do you think of New Zealand?" " Well I've been here for about five minutes after being in the air for fourteen hours..." Shesh, every time.

Whoa. We Icelanders ask that silly question too, all the time. Of Iceland of course.

• 2 weeks later...