Wilco involved with Neil Finn project with Radiohead/Johnny Marr etc

There's a couple of short clips from the studio on the myspace site that's been set up for this project. I spotted Jeff, John and Glenn:

http://www.myspace.com/7worldscollide

Also, Jeff's 13 year old son Spencer has joined his dad in NZ and is keeping an interesting blog about this and other stuff. Man, this kid is a precociously talented writer!

http://spencertweedy.com/

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what is more heartwarming in that video:

Jeff Tweedy's smoky tenor taking a stab at Thom Yorkes reedy contra alto, or

Jeff Tweedy and Ed O'Brien giving each other a big hug.

Santa came late to New Zealand, but it was a special, special gift.

According to the Frenz board the Wilco guys are rumoured to be staying on in NZ for an extra week or so to 'work on their latest album' in Neil Finn's studio. As someone on the board pointed out, this would be possible given that Jeff's solo dates in the US don't kick off until Jan 29 (although the question was asked whether Jeff, Glenn, John and Pat would work on material in the absence of Nels and Jorgensen).

Someone on the Frenz board is a neighbour of Pat Sansone's mom and she apparently confirmed the rumour.

Interesting!

According to the Frenz board the Wilco guys are rumoured to be staying on in NZ for an extra week or so to 'work on their latest album' in Neil Finn's studio. As someone on the board pointed out, this would be possible given that Jeff's solo dates in the US don't kick off until Jan 29 (although the question was asked whether Jeff, Glenn, John and Pat would work on material in the absence of Nels and Jorgensen).

Someone on the Frenz board is a neighbour of Pat Sansone's mom and she apparently confirmed the rumour.

Interesting!

If the rumor of the album being more of a "soundscaped" thing, then I don't see why they couldn't work on it without all band members present. After all, that means it is NOT a "live" record.

The first live show ended a while back.

It finally happened. Wilco covered Radiohead. Jeff sang Fake Plastic Trees, making this comment beforehand: "this is going to be like Paul Rodgers fronting Queen."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/ne...jectid=10550623

This reminds me of a possibly apocryphal story of something Bob Dylan said to John Lennon on their first meeting: "I can do what you do, but you can't do what I do."

Could you imagine Thom Yorke singing "Passenger Side" and have it come off as well as Jeff doing Fake Plastic Trees did?

This reminds me of a possibly apocryphal story of something Bob Dylan said to John Lennon on their first meeting: "I can do what you do, but you can't do what I do."

Could you imagine Thom Yorke singing "Passenger Side" and have it come off as well as Jeff doing Fake Plastic Trees did?

Yeah. Having seen Radiohead do a straight forward cover of Cinnamon Girl I can easily see them doing the no-quirk-rock-song stylings of OG Wilco. The larger question is could Thom do the Hummingbird dance?

• 1 month later...

Is that Spencer who throws the soccer ball at Jeff? I keep replaying that over and over. His reaction is priceless.

Fantastic!

(And classy boat shots of Jeff.)

Yacht Rock!

Hi everyone,

Tim here from Oxfam America. We're all pretty excited about this project. Just wanted to let you know while the video says May, it's probably looking like it'll be summer before it's out. Once we get more info, we'll definitely pass it along, though you all seem to get ridiculously fast.

If anyone is interesting in learning more about Oxfam (you might have noticed us at many recent Wilco shows), check out http://www.oxfamamerica.org

Thanks,

Tim

Was that Tweedy screaming "I'm gonna fucking lose it!"? Looks like some funny moments between some serious talents.

Yeah, that was him.

To people who have downloaded the shows or know more about this than I do: Is the song Jeff and Glenn are playing during the trailer a song written for 7 Worlds Collide? I'm assuming it is but secretly hoping it's a new Wilco song because it's kind of punky and good.

• 1 month later...