better quality, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsjCzx89uvM

im very excited! I love it already. sounds real nice lyrics and all. the more i listen, wowww. this song is beautiful.

We once belonged to a bird

cast a shadow on this world

you were a blessing

and i was a curse

did my best not to make things worse

for you

it isnt true

i always knew this would be our fate

this is what happens when we seperate

this happens to all dead weight

now im too late

may as well be made of stone

i cant be formed

one wing will never fly dear

neither yours or mine i fear

one wing will never ever fly dear

neither yours or mine i fear

can only wave goodbye

Pat is a rocker on this one! Lol!

Poor Pat got buggered by his telecaster at Cary, NC and didn't play guitar on this one. His white telecaster broke down three times and only got to really play electric on Hoodoo Voodoo.

I enjoyed hearing this song live, but it certainly wasn't one of the highlights.

I really like the song.

However, it does sound like two dissimilar songs cobbled together...

This seems to be the new Wilco style (kind of like the way other bands use the soft/loud/soft/loud format).

• 2 weeks later...
Haha, clearly the guy who posted the vid isn't an artist (or very observant). It's a WIP, as in "Work In Progress," not "A Whip," as in the title of the song. :lol

It was an honest mistake. This reaction is immature and elitist, not to mention uncalled for. If are truly an artist, why are you not being introspective by calling yourself into question? I hope for your sake you are still in high school and are on the verge of out-growing this mind-set.

Poor Pat got buggered by his telecaster at Cary, NC and didn't play guitar on this one. His white telecaster broke down three times and only got to really play electric on Hoodoo Voodoo.

He handled it well, though. How about his improvisation on "Walken!"

It was an honest mistake. This reaction is immature and elitist, not to mention uncalled for. If are truly an artist, why are you not being introspective by calling yourself into question? I hope for your sake you are still in high school and are on the verge of out-growing this mind-set.

wha?

It was funny. Have a sense of humor about yourself (not saying you don't) The person meant no harm. Carry on.

I initially heard the lyric as "this is what happens when 'wings' seperate." I like wings better. Take note, Jeff.

I'm really into this song, and anxious for the studio. NEW WILCO!

same here. everytime I hear the song, I think of a poor bird being ripped in two. I always wondered why Tweedy would write a line like that, lol.