What song would you like to see Neil and Wilco do together?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread. If they were going to do a Wilco song, I'd say "Far Far Away".. For some reason it's the first song that popped in my head. Can you imagine Neil singing one of the versus?

As for a Neil song, I'd say "Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)" because it just rocks.

"Late Greats" could pretty easily morph into "Everybody Knows This is Nowhere". Those two songs share a very similar rhythmic feel. They might have to change the key of one or both tunes, but bands do that all the time as the voicalist's voice loses range. That'd be a cool way for Wilco to end their set and Neil to begin his. No break...just morph. I'm surprised bands so rarely attempt that.

I wonder what the other part of the tour will do with these 'Let's bring Death Cab for Cutie back up on stage' moments.

Ambulance Blues segueing into Title and Registration? Or maybe a resurrected electro Mr Soul?

actually Mr Soul with wilco would be awesome cool.

For Neil songs I'd like to see them do Powderfinger, Sedan Delivery or Welfare Mothers. Basically the best of the Rust era stuff. Jeff and John could do a great Powderfinger vocal, with Neil and Nels dueling on guitars. :thumbup