What song would you like to see Neil and Wilco do together?

Walk On and Monday Are they going to be his back up band. Is it Crazy Horse or Neil's current line up? Does anyone know?

He has a bakup band now and it is not CH......Wilco will come on before him....doubt there will be any sitin's but maybe Jeff will get to come out for a song.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Crazy Horse--the current band from the Euro tour.

Neil rarely covers anybody other than Dylan but currently been doing the Beatles 'A Day In The Life' as an encore. That would be could if Wilco came out for that!

'Farmer John' would suit, too.

Chicago gets nada, though.

SPIDERS

After more consideration.

I think the fun of this is the switched lead vocal part, so.....

I'd like to hear Neil sing Spiders, Theologians, and California Stars. A solo Neil on piano doing Reservations would be cool. I'd like to hear Jeff sing a classic like Alabama or Cortez, and maybe something newer, like From Hank To Hendrix.

I'd like to see Nels guest on "Cortez...". Imagine the possibilities.

I agree. The 70s was rife with great guitar rock (I don't care what anyone says) and CTK is at the pinnacle of creativity, imo. I love the RNS versions, I don't know if that's the definitive performance but it's pretty damn great.

Down by the River. Nels and Neil trading licks. Big chorus singalong.

Kicking Television...I'm serious, you'll see. But really, hearing Neil sing on Spiders or Via Chicago would rock. I'd be satisfied with any stage collaboration.

Not to suck the wind out of everyone's sails, but is there any documented reason to think this may actually happen?

Well, presumably it could happen since Wilco are veteran rockers, not a typical opening act. I think there's some mutual respect as far as styles, musicianship, etc. Plus Neil has been known to enjoy jamming, at least in the past.

Down by the River. Nels and Neil trading licks. Big chorus singalong.

Kicking Television...I'm serious, you'll see. But really, hearing Neil sing on Spiders or Via Chicago would rock. I'd be satisfied with any stage collaboration.

Kicking Television would be great!