What song would you like to see Neil and Wilco do together?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any precedent for this? Has NY ever let an opening act play with him? Or are people just getting all worked up for fun?

Dunno....I'm pretty sure he did back in the Linda Ronstadt tour days, but that's 35 years ago. But I'll wager he's never had an opening act of the caliber of Wilco. This is his chance of a lifetime. :thumbup

I'm much more interested in Neil and Nels together than Jeff's involvement. Maybe Nels could play lapsteel on Emporer of Wyoming before a full-on dual-guitar assault on one of Nels' Andrew Hill covers.

>"Late Greats" could pretty easily morph into "Everybody Knows This is Nowhere".

I've wondered why Wilco never does the segue.

I'm much more interested in Neil and Nels together than Jeff's involvement. Maybe Nels could play lapsteel on Emporer of Wyoming before a full-on dual-guitar assault on one of Nels' Andrew Hill covers.

>"Late Greats" could pretty easily morph into "Everybody Knows This is Nowhere".

I've wondered why Wilco never does the segue.

You mean that segue? Because they do do segues. Do do.

Is there any precedent for this? Has NY ever let an opening act play with him? Or are people just getting all worked up for fun?

I don't know if there is precedent outside of Farm Aid and Bridge School shows, but he has done it a lot at those shows. Here is Neil with Phish for

I don't know if there is precedent outside of Farm Aid and Bridge School shows, but he has done it a lot at those shows. Here is Neil with Phish for

Adds are slim at best that Jeff (or all of Wilco) would come out for Neil.

I think the Crissy Hines did come out and play AATW with Neil a few years ago.

I just don't see it happening....plus almost 0% that Neil would come out during Wilco Set......keep dreaming.

Great thread. If they were going to do a Wilco song, I'd say "Far Far Away".. For some reason it's the first song that popped in my head. Can you imagine Neil singing one of the versus?

I've always thought that sounded like a perfect Neil young tune. Even before I realized his influence on Tweedy.

As far as covers go... I'd love to hear Wilco crank "Prisoners" one night as a closer. It tells their story once upon a time (and likely evermore).

I think the Crissy Hines did come out and play AATW with Neil a few years ago.

Who? What?

Oh wait, I think I figurted it out.

Chrissy Hynde.

AATW = All Along the Watchtower? An acronym for a Dylan song made (more) famous by Hendrix, while referring to the possibility of Neil Young inviting Wilco on stage with him.

Maybe they'll do WTLB, but that would have been more topical a few years ago.

>Every show I've seen in the past few years "Spiders" emerges from the song preceeding it.

>And Red-Eyed & Blue > I Got You (At the End of the Century) > Outtasite (Outta Mind).

I'm talking about a long, drawn-out segue where one song slowly morphs into another, like Estimated>Eyes or China>Rider.

>Every show I've seen in the past few years "Spiders" emerges from the song preceeding it.

>And Red-Eyed & Blue > I Got You (At the End of the Century) > Outtasite (Outta Mind).

I'm talking about a long, drawn-out segue where one song slowly morphs into another, like Estimated>Eyes or China>Rider.

I'm not.

Don't see that happening. You could always dose the band I guess.

Too bad Bennett's not around so they could have a misunderstanding about where one song ends and the other begins.

> Maybe they'll do WTLB

when the levee breaks? :w00t

> Every show I've seen in the past few years "Spiders" emerges from the song preceeding it.

when i saw them this year, it started on its own. it followed Jesus ect, and it had a pretty similar intro to the album version