• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one reason why I love this place...we hit all the hot buttons:

Religion

Politics

Baseball

Now we need some gratuituous posts about sex.

Obama gets the first inklings of a convention boost:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/109897/Gallup-D...head-48-42.aspx

Of course, this is what it comes down to in our political coverage these days. Gaffes, scandals, polls, and strategy. That's pretty much it. Anyone see the NBC ad comparing their campaign coverage to their olympic coverage? Yup.

If it's true, we've obviously gotten better at it.

frankly, I think Putin is full of shit. but if it is true...man oh man I don't even know what to say.

It also looks so damn... orderly with all the aisles and stuff. You can almost feel the right wing uptightness just from the picture. I realize that the hall is empty, but damn.

All political conventions look like that when empty. Mile High Stadiums looks like that right now.

So conservatives are uptight and stupid and they only believe in hate and fear (which is funny to me since the Democrats are the ones that play the class warfare card every election cycle).

I love politics!

Democrats point out how republican policy disproportionately benefit the wealthy. If that is conducting class warefare, then so be it. But all in alll I don't think the democrats have nything even remotely close to the southern strategy that has worked so well for republicans for 40+ years now.

The other day I was wondering if the administration was ratcheting up the tension to beenfit the republican ticket. I hadn't thought about them pushing for direct confrontation to do so. But if you want to be a conspiracist... Cheney's trip has been said by the white house to be in response to the conflict, then it was changed to being a long planned trip. The change in what the trip was came about when it was publicly noted that Cheney's aid was in Georgia a couple of weeks ago, before the shootign started. The VP's office said it was to arrainge this trip. Regardless of what you think of the validity of Putin's statements our VP and his crew don't help the situation at all.

why is my post objectionable? it's related to the election as well as world politics. I'm not trying to start problems with that post and it happens to be the top story on the CNN website.

No no no - I was referring to your link to the CNN story, asking gogo to step in and moderate the, well, the whole damn planet.

No no no - I was referring to your link to the CNN story, asking gogo to step in and moderate the, well, the whole damn planet.

what a wonderful world this would be...

Dude..you're not bagging on GoGo, are you?

This is probably the only in-depth, man-on-the-street reporting I've seen from Georgia. Quite an interesting read, but maybe not so much if you're the type who wants your news boiled down into a few easy-to-digest paragraphs that either celebrate or castigate the U.S. and/or its administration. The world is a complicated place.

http://michaeltotten.com/

This is probably the only in-depth, man-on-the-street reporting I've seen from Georgia. Quite an interesting read, but maybe not so much if you're the type who wants your news boiled down into a few easy-to-digest paragraphs that either celebrate or castigate the U.S. and/or its administration. The world is a complicated place.

http://michaeltotten.com/

I thought that link said "michael bolten" at first.

Thanks.