Election Year!!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all honesty, I'm more worried about the Wilco album that they haven't even started recording yet than any of this shit.

How much the next Wilco album sucks is certainly going to effect our lives more than which one of these guys get elected.

ok, so halliburton is a shady operation. their behavior does not indict the entire american oil industry.

:yawn there's a long list of shady operations among oil companies. Look It Up. basically today's military-industrial complex is its own indictment.

isn't he that small guy that fits in Colbert's pocket?

yes, i think he is! that colbert, he's so magical.

so, should these companies be shut down?

what do you think?

your style is hilarious. sit back and let other people stick their necks out, and now and then try to stick a little pin in one of someone else's sentences. no guts.

I'm going to need more proof than Charlie and Dennis Kucinich saying "it is". I love Dennis, but I'm not going to take him for his word on this one.

If you don't know more about the 2000 election through the thousands of articles, books, videos, documentaries, and movies than I don't know what to tell you. VERY briefly: Bush gets elected through voter disenfranchisement and fraud in a state where his brother is in charge of making sure there is no disenfranchisement or fraud, then the Supreme Court grants certiorari where they had no business granting it, because SC justices nominated by Bush's dad or during his Vice-Presidency want to. Those judges stop the recount. Bush still loses popluar vote, but gets elected through the arcane electoral college system. There are dozens of other examples of voter suppression, limiting resources in democratic districts to increase voter waiting times to deter democratic voting, 90+% of votes in long-standing democratic districts going to Bush, and corruption at all state and local levels by the Florida Republican administration -- but frankly, the whole thing disgusts me too much to give you the whole version in answering your question (and I simply don't have the time). This serving as one of the lowest points in democratic history -- it is well-documented.

:yawn there's a long list of shady operations among oil companies. Look It Up. basically today's military-industrial complex is its own indictment.

The FACT that oil companies are the highest profits in their history at the same time gas prices are the highest they've ever been is all the evidence I need (not to mention at a time where the current administration has long-standing ties with the oil industry). But I suppose that's all a coincidence.

your style is hilarious. sit back and let other people stick their necks out, and now and then try to stick a little pin in one of someone else's sentences. no guts.

the liberal style of never debating point for point is pretty hilarious, too. gutsy, you might say.

i think they should be prosecuted when caught doing illegal things. i'm still waiting for an answer to my question about what is wrong with american oil companies making profits.

i'm still waiting for you to branch out.

i think they should be prosecuted when caught doing illegal things. i'm still waiting for an answer to my question about what is wrong with american oil companies making profits.

Nothing of course.

Halliburton was profiteering and therein lies the difference.

http://www.corpwatch.org/section.php?id=176

http://www.businesspundit.com/the-25-most-...war-profiteers/

If you don't know more about the 2000 election through the thousands of articles, books, videos, documentaries, and movies than I don't know what to tell you. VERY briefly: Bush gets elected through voter disenfranchisement and fraud in a state where his brother is in charge of making sure there is no disenfranchisement or fraud, then the Supreme Court grants certiorari where they had no business granting it, because SC justices nominated by Bush's dad or during his Vice-Presidency want to. Those judges stop the recount. Bush still loses popluar vote, but gets elected through the arcane electoral college system. There are dozens of other examples of voter suppression, limiting resources in democratic districts to increase voter waiting times to deter democratic voting, 90+% of votes in long-standing democratic districts going to Bush, and corruption at all state and local levels by the Florida Republican administration -- but frankly, the whole thing disgusts me too much to give you the whole version in answering your question (and I simply don't have the time). This serving as one of the lowest points in democratic history -- it is well-documented.

I mean, I've seen some stuff. It's all mostly allegations, nobody's ever concretely proven that they 'stole' the election. You also didn't mention 2004, which you said they stole as well.

the liberal style of never debating point for point is pretty hilarious, too. gutsy, you might say.

"never"? hardly.

p.s. i'm not a liberal, but you are a pigeon-holer. i find those unhelpful to "debate," point for point or otherwise.

Nothing of course.

Halliburton was profiteering and therein lies the difference.

fair enough, i was never trying to defend halliburton. a previous post showed a map of a proposed natural gas pipeline as an indictment of republicans as they will be laughing all the way to the bank.

nevermind. you win. fuck the oil companies. who needs oil anyway. :yawn

The FACT that oil companies are the highest profits in their history at the same time gas prices are the highest they've ever been is all the evidence I need (not to mention at a time where the current administration has long-standing ties with the oil industry). But I suppose that's all a coincidence.

i don't think kwall is looking for facts. he's looking for entertainment. pure. and. simple.

i agree with you on your reading of those facts, cccharlie, and on your opinion of them. :thumbup

fair enough, i was never trying to defend halliburton. a previous post showed a map of a proposed natural gas pipeline as an indictment of republicans as they will be laughing all the way to the bank.

nevermind. you win. fuck the oil companies. who needs oil anyway.

Which is in spite of your irony precisely the point. Because of our incredible need we are literally over a barrel with our asses in the air. History has shown that special friends of Republicans have their fists greased and ready to give it a go.