Election Year!!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who was posting brilliant political commentary at bobsquared's age, I say being young does not prevent one from having well-formed opinions.

I agree completely (although not having heard/read it, I can't vouch for the brilliance of your commentary: ). But he admitted he had only "heard some stuff" about the topic he was debating.

"Sarah Palin drives a Zamboni to work."

-I think I have a new favorite.

If you turn it over to the private sector, they'll fuck it up twice at fast -- but at a profit!

Which is a better motive. The government fucks things up for fun.

I'm watching the RNC, and they said McCain's adopted Bangladesh daughter googled herself to find out about the attacks against her in 2000. I think left and right can agree -- that really sucks.

P.S. I think I'd vote for McCain's 90-some year old Irish Mom without hesitation........(if the VP candidate was credible, of course).

Easy now. I work for the Government. We do NOT fuck things up for fun. We fuck things up because we're incompetent.

I think the government fucks things up because you have unqualified people trying to claw their way up beyond their incompetence into seats of authority.

With big business, a handful of people will bribe the incompetent, bilk as much money from them as they can, give less than they promise, if anything; offer to fix it at twice the price, fuck over as many people as possible, then bribe the same incompetents to allow them to hide the money from having to pay their share of taxes on it.

:thumbup

You should put that on a T-Shirt.

:rotfl

The government will just turn it over to their crony buddies who will then have fun fucking it up but will make no profit and the government will have to bail the whole thing out.

I mostly feel that any time the government gets involved with something on this large of a scale, it's bound to get fucked up somewhere along the line.

This is misguided. I think that the government is the only thing that can bring about wholesale changes at the national, state and local levels. Look at the WWII effort here in the US as just one example. I could go on.

As someone who was posting brilliant political commentary at bobsquared's age, I say being young does not prevent one from having well-formed opinions.

Clearly. Willy, you are and have been my posting hero for sometime now, even though we are pretty much on opposite ends of the spectrum.

I think the government fucks things up because you have unqualified people trying to claw their way up beyond their incompetence into seats of authority.

Wrong.

The government fucks things up (at least at the local level) because nobody want to pay taxes. Therefore, every government function is underfunded and has to work with peopel who are either very dedicated (rather rare) or too lazy or incompetent to find other jobs.

While all you happy liberals are snickering about teenage pregnancy and inexperienced potential VPs with shapely legs, the Republicans are going to be laughing all the way to the bank.

stranded_gas.03.gif

Aha. The Retardicans drug of choice. It rules their decisions. I guess it should since the lobby demands it.

BTW -- still looking for the first non-white face at the RNC. I'll let you know how it goes :lol

Or someone who isn't a zombie.

This convention is making me want to vomit. Laura, Cindy, a fumbling Pawlenty, Mavericks everywhere, blaaaaaah. ralph.