Election Year!!!

Aha. The Retardicans drug of choice. It rules their decisions. I guess it should since the lobby demands it.

Your repeated use of "Retardicans" really hurts your credibility. Please stop.

I don't know if the update had been added before you posted this:

UPDATE:

The Alaska Democratic Party says it did not release the information. From Ben Smith, at the Politico, I got this:

Our story doesn't say that "Alaska Democrats" gave us that document. It was a document prepared for Tony Knowles two years ago. We haven't revealed our source.

You should also note that it's a partially REDACTED social security number. That seems relevant. If less sensational. It's missing four digits.

You heard it from me, we didn't get the info from the Alaska Democratic Party.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if the update had been added before you posted this:

You heard it from me, we didn't get the info from the Alaska Democratic Party.

I hadn't seen the update, but that's good news. Maybe people can calm down then.

My first thought was someone was too stupid to remove the social security number from a record. However, when they said it was the last four numbers of her SSN (the most readily available for any person) that were omitted, that sounds awfully fishy. Like giving a license to hunt (public record) bear to bloggers.

The best rationalization, regardless of party, is that this is the work of an asshole. Crap like this can't be undone. There's no excuse for this. At. All.

Wrong.

The government fucks things up (at least at the local level) because nobody want to pay taxes. Therefore, every government function is underfunded and has to work with peopel who are either very dedicated (rather rare) or too lazy or incompetent to find other jobs.

People vote for tax increases for local reasons all the time in Denver.

My first thought was someone was too stupid to remove the social security number from a record. However, when they said it was the last four numbers of her SSN (the most readily available for any person) that were omitted, that sounds awfully fishy. Like giving a license to hunt (public record) bear to bloggers.

Um, the last four are the ones that are the ones that count, so that's why they were redacted. As was mentioned before, the first five are tied to where you were born (or actually where you lived when you received your number/card, I believe).

The way I see it is that if an election is close in a state, whatever party is currently running that state is going to come out winning that election. (JFK in 1960; Bush in 2000) That said, I don't know who was in charge of Ohio in 2004.

In 1960 it is common belief that Illinois and thus the election were stolen for JFK. Go take a look at the electoral results for 1960 and switch Illinois 27 delegates and give them to Nixon and check to see if the results change. In 2000 the winner of Florida wins. In 2004 Ohio winner wins. In each case the election swings on one state where there are problems. Also go back and re-read about Illinois in 1960. The common misocnception is that Daley stole the state, but what is convieniently forgotten is that republican downstate Illinois had just as many irregualrities as the six county area. 1960 did not at all come down to one hotly contested state regardless of what myths you might have been brought up to believe.

In 1960 it is common belief that Illinois and thus the election were stolen for JFK. Go take a look at the electoral results for 1960 and switch Illinois 27 delegates and give them to Nixon and check to see if the results change. In 2000 the winner of Florida wins. In 2004 Ohio winner wins. In each case the election swings on one state where there are problems. Also go back and re-read about Illinois in 1960. The common misocnception is that Daley stole the state, but what is convieniently forgotten is that republican downstate Illinois had just as many irregualrities as the six county area. 1960 did not at all come down to one hotly contested state regardless of what myths you might have been brought up to believe.

The Wikipedia page makes it seem like there's at least some evidence to suggest his win is as questionable as Bush's in 2000.

Good stuff -- thanks for the knowledge.

Well, frac. JFK still did Marilyn Monroe, right?

before mccain chose palin, he and obama were virtually neck and neck in the polls. he wasn't in a desperate situation, so why would he make a do-or-die v.p. choice? i don't really buy the maverick thing, with something this crucial and fundamental. he is starting to remind me a little of ross perot.

2508ewx.gif

A big :thumbup goes out to the Humane Society of the United States for getting pets out safely from Hurricane Gustav! A lesson learned from Katrina, many people won't leave home without their

pets. I have 5 dogs and 4 cats I wouldn't leave behind. Good job!

video-https://community.hsus.org/ct/ldSN53K1_zF2/

I hope it gets more interesting in the next couple of days. Without partisanship, Thompson and Lieberman didn't set the world on fire.

It's really sad that you would have to rely on Fred Thompson to galvanize a crowd. He did seem to do that at points in his speech, but to me it really says more about the crowd gathered there than anything else.

I can't talk about The Leeb. It's just too depressing.