Election Year!!!

i just saw two non-white zombies while bush was gushing.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited for space -- whole article here

Let's see how many of these come true.

5 things to watch tonight

Martin Kady IITue Sep 2, 5:06 PM ET

Here’s what to watch on a Night Two that’s really Night One:

1. The elephant in the room

Sarah Palin is in the Twin Cities today, but she has no public appearances scheduled and isn’t taking questions from the media. But her story — and the story of her pregnant teenage daughter, Bristol — will continue to suck all of the oxygen out of the room no matter what happens on stage in St. Paul tonight.

Just look at Politico’s leading search terms today: “Palin,” “Palin pregnancy” and “Bristol” are all in the Top 10. Digging deeper, Google’s Top 10 search terms at the moment include “vetting,” “definition of vetting” and “levi johnston myspace” — a search that will turn up the personal Web page where the father of Bristol Palin’s baby describes himself as a “f—in’ redneck.”

The theme of tonight’s convention is “Service,” and the trick for the GOP is to focus voters’ attention on the question “Who is John McCain?” when everyone is still asking, “Who is Sarah Palin?”

2. Hurricanes past and present

By all measures, state and federal governments responded well to Hurricane Gustav. That’s an accomplishment to tout, even if Gustav turns out to be — as New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin put it — only an “ugly sister” compared with the “mother of all storms,” Katrina.

Still, look for many screen shots of the Louisiana and Mississippi delegations, and listen as convention speakers try to finesse a message that promotes charity and outreach on Gustav while minimizing the memories of the disastrous Bush administration response to Katrina three years ago this week.

Will any network air the shot from the day Katrina made landfall — the one in which President Bush and McCain pose, smiling, with McCain’s birthday cakes?

3. The friendly confines of Excel Energy Center

Because of Gustav, the president will appear at the convention tonight via satellite. It’s too bad for him: This is probably the only crowd of this size where Bush can make an appearance without hearing from the boo-birds.

4. The steam coming out of Harry Reid’s ears

Wouldn’t you love to watch Harry Reid watching Joe Lieberman speak tonight?

Here is one of the Senate majority leader’s own caucus members, a chairman of a major Senate committee, sleeping with the enemy on national television. Lieberman’s address is certainly not the first by a nominal Democrat at a Republican convention. Democrat Zell Miller did it four years ago in New York City. But Miller was a disaffected lame duck, already on his way out of the Senate. Lieberman is there for at least four more years, and his continued willingness to caucus with the Democrats (he's officially an independent) is all that keeps the word “majority” in Reid’s title.

5. Faith of his Fathers

Several of tonight’s speakers will focus on McCain’s service to his country.

He was once reticent about discussing his 5

Fred Thompson should stick to acting :rolleyes

Isn't that what he is doing now? Acting like he knows what is going on.

Caution: POW card being played early.

Disclaimer: Yes I believe veterans should be respected, this is different.

Fred just hiccuped. Must be drunk again.

I'll call her now and tell her to stay home. The music sucks and no one is dancing.

is there any way we could get him to not do that either? :shifty

In the words of C. Matthews, "haaa."

i'm going to need more evidence than this.

Yay! I need a new credit card.

It may be time to take a hiatus from here...

I am beginning to feel really uncomfortable about the level of discourse around here...

I am beginning to feel really uncomfortable about the level of discourse around here...

did you know that cows around the world face north? this is according to cnn.com the other day.

This convention is making me want to vomit. Laura, Cindy, a fumbling Pawlenty, Mavericks everywhere, blaaaaaah. ralph.

Why can't they talk about the issues? All they are doing is defending Palin and McCain. Blaming the media for everything.

Minus the last four numbers. Shouldn't have been done, but at least there's that. Don't the first 5 digits essentially just indicate when and where she was born, though? And they're complaining about releasing addresses to the press? Eh?

http://www.zabasearch.com/query1_zaba.php?...mp;tm=&tmr=

I just released Sarah Palin's addresses on the internet?

Edit: I also wonder what the standard practice for this sort of thing is.

Minus the last four numbers. Shouldn't have been done, but at least there's that. Don't the first 5 digits essentially just indicate when and where she was born, though? And they're complaining about releasing addresses to the press? Eh?

http://www.zabasearch.com/query1_zaba.php?...mp;tm=&tmr=

I just released Sarah Palin's addresses on the internet?

I think some conservatives are making too big a deal about it, but it's worth posting.

Why can't they talk about the issues? All they are doing is defending Palin and McCain. Blaming the media for everything.

This was mentioned as a strategy to victory...being the victim. I dunno. I think people are seeking more than a little drama, especially when you consider we still have 2 months to go. Being the victim is short term.

PM me your addy so I can send you some of the stuff I buy with my new credit card!