Brand Spanking New Election Thread

It was a brilliant stroke by the GOP. One of my fears about Obama getting the nomination is that he and his team just aren't in the same ballpark with the Repubs when it comes to political savvy. (See Joe "Zzzzz" Biden.) Only the Clintons are, but all the idealists in the Democratic party turned up their noses and went for Obama, the ultimate lefty wet dream. So far, he has not proved up to the task.

Not true. Obama is not the ultimate lefty wet dream. That would be Kucinich...err umm, I mean Kucinich's wife. :thumbup

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's the big new thing. I perceive that she's no longer the central issue for either campaign. That was just a phase.

I think the shine is off Caribou Barbie. Yeah she's a looker. Then what? If you listen to her speak extemporaneously, there's no wisdom, no knowledge, no intellectual curiosity. She comes off like a snarky Welcome Wagon lady.

This Palin personal email hack thing is weak! I don't know much about this group "Anonymous" other than they have been targeting Scientology. This is NOT what Obama supporters should want to see.

I'm friends with someone active with the lot. They are bunch of jerks--that is their basis of association. No real ideological ties other than they're anti-censorship. They like messing up people's lives.

It was a brilliant stroke by the GOP. One of my fears about Obama getting the nomination is that he and his team just aren't in the same ballpark with the Repubs when it comes to political savvy. (See Joe "Zzzzz" Biden.) Only the Clintons are, but all the idealists in the Democratic party turned up their noses and went for Obama, the ultimate lefty wet dream. So far, he has not proved up to the task.

The Clintons' political savvy is overblown thanks to Ross Perot. Seriously.

I think the shine is off Caribou Barbie. Yeah she's a looker. Then what? If you listen to her speak extemporaneously, there's no wisdom, no knowledge, no intellectual curiosity. She comes off like a snarky Welcome Wagon lady.

"In what context, Charlie". :rolleyes

some good news on the voters' rights front: Election Protection

Good links to find ways to volunteer as a poll worker, provide legal assistance on election day, assist people in getting to polls, etc. etc. Excellent report on the voting problems in primaries, and what's being done to avoid a meltdown on election day. If anyone still thinks we don't have a serious problem with the integrity of our most basic right, take a look.

SNARKY WELCOME WAGON LADY OMG that is brilliant, :worship

She's got a "tell" too -- she kind of squints or winks when she's got no idea how to formulate an answer.

She clenches her fist a lot...bad sign of being scared and defensive, I think?

Video on her body language

http://www.truveo.com/What-Did-Sarah-Palin...y/id/3462724138

That's hilarious. I always think Avon lady. Or one of those Mary Kay ladies who drive the pink cars.

Ugh! :ermm She's sounds like a drunken Minnesota soccer mom, not an Alaskan hockey mom. It's like a nasty nasily roller coaster of nonsense about a glass ceiling and some other stuff.

I had to quit after just a minute or so and watch the Bill Maher vid-Bill Maher Torches Sarah Palin 09-12-08.

Ugh! :ermm She's sounds like a drunken Minnesota soccer mom, not an Alaskan hockey mom. It's like a nasty nasily roller coaster of nonsense about a glass ceiling and some other stuff.

I had to quit after just a minute or so and watch the Bill Maher vid-Bill Maher Torches Sarah Palin 09-12-08.

I'm a glutton for punishment, I watched the whole thing. It doesn't get any better. Is she really running for VP? Are we in some bizarro world?

I'm a glutton for punishment, I watched the whole thing. It doesn't get any better. Is she really running for VP? Are we in some bizarro world?

have been for several years now

They are running this ad about Palin and masturbation

I couldn't find one on Biden and masturbation :ohwell

I think I may masturbate to her tonight. . . . if I did that kind of thing.

What about you Moontower? Do you dream of Joe?

Best line of the day on the Campaign Trail goes to Barack Obama -

"He (McCain) is now talking about going after the old boy network...The Old Boy Network...in the McCain campaign 'the old boy network' is known as A STAFF MEETING. :rotfl