Brand Spanking New Election Thread

I figured it was my turn. :stunned

Biden has released his tax returns - will Palin do the same? Hmm.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just want to thank wendy for knowing when to close a thread and saving some of us from ourselves. THANK YOU, WENDY! :wave

I figured it was my turn. :stunned

Biden has released his tax returns - will Palin do the same? Hmm.

I love you scott, but the way these threads are going, this is certainly not the home stretch! :stunned

Not sure what is left to talk about....

Is there anyone here who hasn't made up their mind?? If so speak up now and let's try and convince you, because everyone else knows what they are going to do.

LouieB

We need a political satire song from the Singing Nerd! :w00t

What - you didn't see the one about Hill?

We could use another though.

Our state seems to going toward Obama in the last week. I still don't have much faith, though unless we can get huge StL and KC turnout and the pollworkers avoid cheating. We had some fishy stuff going on here in 06. It seems real easy to cheat. I am tempted to sit around there all day and keep an eye on things. How do they appoint pollworkers?

Can I ask why?

I'm not sold on him. I look forward to the debates.

He's probably not convinced that Obama is the right choice.

I think he's the better of the two candidates, but not necessarily the right person for the job.

I'm not sold on him. I look forward to the debates.

I think he's the better of the two candidates, but not necessarily the right person for the job.

might i ask who your thinking of writing in?

Your in colorado right? I thought there were a large number of candidates that qualified to appear on the ballot.

I don't know if you talked about this in the last election thread but the other day Ron Paul held a press conference urging his supports to vote for third party candidates. Although he didn't endorse one candidate he brought together Bob Barr, Chuck Baldwin, Cynthia Mckinney, Ralph Nader to agree on four major issues that they all felt aren't being adequately addressed.

This is from Ralph Nader's website:

The Republican/Democrat duopoly has, for far too long, ignored the most important issues facing our nation. However, alternate candidates Bob Barr, Chuck Baldwin, Cynthia McKinney, and Ralph Nader agree with Ron Paul on four key principles central to the health of our nation. These principles should be key in the considerations of every voter this November and in every election.

We Agree

Foreign Policy: The Iraq War must end as quickly as possible with removal of all our soldiers from the region. We must initiate the return of our soldiers from around the world, including Korea, Japan, Europe and the entire Middle East. We must cease the war propaganda, threats of a blockade and plans for attacks on Iran, nor should we re-ignite the cold war with Russia over Georgia. We must be willing to talk to all countries and offer friendship and trade and travel to all who are willing. We must take off the table the threat of a nuclear first strike against all nations.

Privacy: We must protect the privacy and civil liberties of all persons under US jurisdiction. We must repeal or radically change the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, and the FISA legislation. We must reject the notion and practice of torture, eliminations of habeas corpus, secret tribunals, and secret prisons. We must deny immunity for corporations that spy willingly on the people for the benefit of the government. We must reject the unitary presidency, the illegal use of signing statements and excessive use of executive orders.

The National Debt: We believe that there should be no increase in the national debt. The burden of debt placed on the next generation is unjust and already threatening our economy and the value of our dollar. We must pay our bills as we go along and not unfairly place this burden on a future generation.

The Federal Reserve: We seek a thorough investigation, evaluation and audit of the Federal Reserve System and its cozy relationships with the banking, corporate, and other financial institutions. The arbitrary power to create money and credit out of thin air behind closed doors for the benefit of commercial interests must be ended. There should be no taxpayer bailouts of corporations and no corporate subsidies. Corporations should be aggressively prosecuted for their crimes and frauds.

We support opening up the debates beyond the two parties and the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD), a private corporation co-chaired by former chairmen of the Republican and Democratic Party. It is time for our Presidential Debates to once again be hosted by a truly non-partisan civic-minded association.

i thought you were staying out of these threads dude.
If I can convince just one person that McCain shouldn't be president that is important. I find it strange that after two close elections, both resulting in George W. Bush, that anyone would sit this one out, unless they really feel that the policies of the Bush years, that will be continued by President Palin (if she even knows what they are...) are a good idea.

LouieB

Bob Barr, Chuck Baldwin, Cynthia McKinney, Ralph Nader and Ron Paul should hold their own debate and talk amongst themselves. Really none of them have anything to bring to the table until after the election.

No one on the far right has any doubt now that they should vote McCain/Palin; it still just floors me that the left thinks that a non-player should get votes and deny the leftish candidate the office. Just amazing...

LouieB

And besides..isn't Barak Obama the choice of Wilco, greatest rock group in the world and don't we want to see Wilco play a presidential inaguration?? I don't think McCain Palin is going to invite Jeff and company...

LouieB