Brand Spanking New Election Thread

Obama yesterday: I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they're independent or whether they are Republican, I want you to argue with them and get in their face.

:realmad :monkey

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama yesterday: I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they're independent or whether they are Republican, I want you to argue with them and get in their face.

:realmad :monkey

"I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face," he said.

"And if they tell you that, 'Well, we're not sure where he stands on guns.' I want you to say, 'He believes in the Second Amendment.' If they tell you, 'Well, he's going to raise your taxes,' you say, 'No, he's not, he's going lower them.' You are my ambassadors. You guys are the ones who can make the case."

All that is true, and one should not underplay his charisma and very strong leadership abilities. It's been a long time since a politician has shown the ability to inspire that he does. But if he does not have the toughness to survive the process of getting elected, it's all a moot point. His nomination was the end result of the leftier Dems splitting away from the moderates and resulted in a candidate who may well be too much change too fast for too many people. Though, it could well be Hillary would not be doing any better at this point. The Republicans are just plain ol' better at presidential politics than the Democrats.

very true. although we'll never know how hillary would be doing at this point, it would be interesting to compare. i think she could have been having quite a few problems in ways different from obama, but for sure she is tough -- and obama needs to continue getting tougher. i believe he has a lot of toughness and grit in him but doesn't want to compromise his wish to run a cleaner campaign than we're used to, and that is mucking him up. he can be tough and not put out ridiculously false or irrelevant ads in response to mccain's, both at the same time -- i hope he's realizing that. we'll see. i agree, the republicans are better at presidential politics. too bad it doesn't tend to make them outstanding presidents as well.

My neighbors are stuck up pricks.

:lol

I want you to argue with them and get in their face.

One of them is a professor at my school, and he's one of those japanese chefs that cooks with all the knives and shit flying. He's probably not a good person to piss off.

One of them is a professor at my school, and he's one of those japanese chefs that cooks with all the knives and shit flying. He's probably not a good person to piss off.

could you argue and get in his face nicely?

Two of the dumbest quotes from McCain this past week :monkey

"I understand the economy. I was chairman of the Commerce Committee that oversights every part of our economy." ...ignoring the fact that it is actually the Senate Banking Committee which is responsible for credit, financial services, and housing -- the very areas currently in crisis, CNBC interview, Sept. 16, 2008 :monkey

"[sarah Palin] knows more about energy than probably anyone else in the United States of America. ... And, uh, she also happens to represent, be governor of a state that's right next to Russia." --after being asked about Sarah Palin's foreign policy experience, interview with WCSH-6, Portland, OR, Sept. 12, 2008 :monkey

Of course not. Haven't you been paying attention to these threads?

no, i hardly ever read them. maybe i should start. ;)

"[sarah Palin] knows more about energy than probably anyone else in the United States of America. interview with WCSH-6, Portland, OR, Sept. 12, 2008 :monkey

i heard that with my own ears on the tv this morning and nearly covered the couch with my cereal. :lol

Palin's transparency proposal already exists in D.C.

Posted: 02:10 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby

Sarah Palin says she will bring the same kind of transparency she brought to Alaska to Washington, D.C..

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (CNN)

This one really scared me :ohwell

"I will veto every single beer, um, bill with earmarks." - John McCain at the National Small Business Summit in Washington, D.C.

from a good number of your posts, i can understand why! (thank god he didn't say he'd veto wine.) not many beers have earmarks, so don't worry about it.

I ran my neighbor over.

deja vu.

Keep talking Palin..your helping O! :monkey :monkey :monkey

Everytime she opens her mouth it is either "glass ceiling", "hockey mom", "thanks but no thanks", "lipstick", or "my husband is a champion snowmobile racer." WTF? How is this person still a candidate? I have never heard her say one substantive thing.

Could you imagine having to listen to her and McCain the next four years? That is a fate worse than death. It would make you long for the days of the Bush Administration.