Post-season MLB

So, how was it, Sir Stewart?

You mean watching Lowrie break up a potentially endless tie with two outs in the ninth with a walk-off single to advance the Red Sox to the ALCS?

It was so good I lost my keys in the mayhem! ...which I only realized when I got back my car. Security was kind enough to let me back inside Fenway, where while the team celebrated on the field, I searched the seats for my long-gone keys. As I was looking, suddenly a ball landed two rows in front of me. I looked up to see people running toward it from all sides, so I scrambled to pick it up. That's when I noticed Papelbon was throwing balls into the crowd all over the park. When I gave up on my keys and made it back to the street, I spotted Peter Gammons walking from the park, so I grabbed my Sharpie and ball and asked for his autograph.

Not an equal trade for my keys, but I'll take it. Sox over Rays in 5!

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean watching Lowrie break up a potentially endless tie with two outs in the ninth with a walk-off single to advance the Red Sox to the ALCS?

It was so good I lost my keys in the mayhem! ...which I only realized when I got back my car. Security was kind enough to let me back inside Fenway, where while the team celebrated on the field, I searched the seats for my long-gone keys. As I was looking, suddenly a ball landed two rows in front of me. I looked up to see people running toward it from all sides, so I scrambled to pick it up. That's when I noticed Papelbon was throwing balls into the crowd all over the park. When I gave up on my keys and made it back to the street, I spotted Peter Gammons walking from the park, so I grabbed my Sharpie and ball and asked for his autograph.

Sounds like a great experience minus the whole key thing.

I didn't know people carried Sharpies at all times. Awesome experience, Sir S! Minus the obvious, of course.

I have a keychain mini-Sharpie. Oddly enough, it disengaged itself from the keychain before the keys escaped. :lol

If that isn't a good omen, i don't know what is. Good work Pete!

Rays are a really great story...worst to first.

it really is a great story. can anyone explain how this happened in one year? i don't understand it but would like to.

it really is a great story. can anyone explain how this happened in one year? i don't understand it but would like to.

When bobblehead gets here she'll explain that the Rays are God's team since they dumped the DEVIL.

And Cliff Floyd.

pills. lots of pills. And Cliff Floyd.

:lol

Breaking News: Mike Lowell is off the roster for the ALCS.

Longoria got called up and their young pitchers developed*.

*There may be more to the story, but I have no idea. Someone else can chime in.

This pretty much covers it.

I would like the discount the entire devil business, but I cannot--they did have a big change when they became God's team. And, the DEVILrays have been cultivating some young players, bringing them up thru their system, much like the Red Sox do. I am sure it didn't hurt that when they started to win people actually went to that stadium to cheer them on. Maybe, though, it is the cowbells. and the dope who I can always hear on the NESN feed who sounds like a complete douchebag. Probably some combination of all of the above.

I would like the discount the entire devil business, but I cannot--they did have a big change when they became God's team. And, the DEVILrays have been cultivating some young players, bringing them up thru their system, much like the Red Sox do. I am sure it didn't hurt that when they started to win people actually went to that stadium to cheer them on. Maybe, though, it is the cowbells. and the dope who I can always hear on the NESN feed who sounds like a complete douchebag. Probably some combination of all of the above.

that dim dome stadium with catwalks for catchers is not somewhere i'd want to be either unless the team became, well, viable. as they certainly have.

the cowbells: ugh. (especially ugh for a person with tinnitus, if you can imagine.)

that dope has been there for years. remy and orsillo insist he's a nice guy. the guy is an idiot; he makes a lot of games unwatchable (or at least unhearable). i remember even the used-to-be-easygoing damon would look baffled when he stepped up to the plate and like he wanted to say "why oh why is this animal allowed in here."

thanks everyone, i'm definitely feeling more educated.

19_youk__1223362454_7151.jpg

Worst

Sportcoat

Ever.