Post-season MLB

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kim has sneaked into Wrigley!

She should probably sneak back out. I knew the Brewers were not ready for prime time, but I am shocked by the Cubs. All props to Torre - it would be a pisser if LA won the series under his sage guidance while the Yanks fester.

The REAL culprit of the Cubs Curse

buckner.jpg

I hope you Cubs' fans don't think I am making light of your pain...

After all, I am a Rangers fan

cubs-fans.jpg

The Manny effect. However weird or assholish Schilling says he is, he has chutzpah. And gawd, I've been in Chi town for the last two days, hung around W town tonight and the fans are quick to diss. Worse even than my hometown where the Royals suck ass, but at least they stay for 7 innings and don't give up after 4. It is disheartening. Perhaps it is just a different culture, but how do the players not not feel the lack of faith in the cubnation

The Manny effect. However weird or assholish Schilling says he is, he has chutzpah. And gawd, I've been in Chi town for the last two days, hung around W town tonight and the fans are quick to diss. Worse even than my hometown where the Royals suck ass, but at least they stay for 7 innings and don't give up after 4. It is disheartening. Perhaps it is just a different culture, but how do the players not not feel the lack of faith in the cubnation

The fans I saw (tonight, not yesterday) were in it through the 9th.

The fans I saw (tonight, not yesterday) were in it through the 9th.

Good. I wish I could see them. Statistically, I probably saw all the haters since I wasn't in the park...just hangin' in the shadows of the neighborhood bars. I really would like the Cubbies to do it. A Cubs Red or White Sox series would be rad.

And the Rangers proceeded to lose every other playoff game they had.

Do the rangers count as expansion since they were the Senators before they moved to TX? Of course the Senators were the New Senators after the old senators became the Twins.

This is true. My roommate and I sat behind home plate, near the dude in the Manny wig/hat/shirt ensemble.

I want to die. :ohwell

Also, the crowd was TERRIBLE once again.

I saw that dude. I wish i had known you were near him, i would have looked for you more closely!

I'm majorly disappointed and can't BELIEVE this is happening. I don't understand a team that can have a killer record throughout the whole season and totally drop the ball (literally) during the playoffs. the suckitude is endless!

I saw that dude. I wish i had known you were near him, i would have looked for you more closely!

Well after we got in we had to wait for all the rich people to get bored and leave, so we didn't end up in seats until the 7th. But that guy was hilarious. He was dancing around a lot and I could totally picture that idiot Manny dancing like that in real life.

I'm majorly disappointed and can't BELIEVE this is happening. I don't understand a team that can have a killer record throughout the whole season and totally drop the ball (literally) during the playoffs. the suckitude is endless!

The Cubs lost two in a row to good teams during the year, right? They've also won three in a row against good teams....

The Cubs lost two in a row to good teams during the year, right? They've also won three in a row against good teams....

I like the optimism Lammy.. C'mon Cubs Fans, pull yourself up by the bootstraps and root for these guys.

On a side note, if the White Sox lose tonight, I'll never watch baseball again. Well, until Sunday.