Post-season MLB

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we lose tonight, we may be screwed. :cryin

I hate to break it to ya, but only the Red Sox come back from no-wins-going-into-an-elimination-game-and-going-on-to-win-the-series type situations.

So, go Cubbies!!

I hate to break it to ya, but only the Red Sox come back from no-wins-going-into-an-elimination-game-and-going-on-to-win-the-series type situations.

So, go Cubbies!!

we've had many amazing come backs this year. I'm hoping for one tonight! seriously!

So, go Cubbies!!

Yesterday Brad tried to use that example as a reason why the Cubs might come back. :ohwell

also: I have not yet puked, but the game is still several hours away. These nerves are insane.

Yesterday Brad tried to use that example as a reason why the Cubs might come back. :ohwell

Man, it's only 1-0!

also: I have not yet puked, but the game is still several hours away. These nerves are insane.

This reminds me of exactly how I was feeling in '04. I was taking a creative writing class at the time and couldn't stay focused on it for two seconds, especially during the ALCS.

Man, it's only 1-0!

Cynicism runs deep when you've been let down this much. You know that.

This reminds me of exactly how I was feeling in '04. I was taking a creative writing class at the time and couldn't stay focused on it for two seconds, especially during the ALCS.

I might go home sick. I seriously expect to hurl before the day's over. I can't even think ahead to the NLCS right now, especially after last night's performance. I imagine being a total wreck if we make it that far. {{huge knock on wood}}

Cynicism runs deep when you've been let down this much. You know that.

I might go home sick. I seriously expect to hurl before the day's over. I can't even think ahead to the NLCS right now, especially after last night's performance. I imagine being a total wreck.

Dear Kimberly,

Calm down. It's just a baseball game.

Regards,

Jules

we've had many amazing come backs this year. I'm hoping for one tonight! seriously!

It doesn't count in the post season. All bets is off in the post season. But honestly, why all the drama? You're only one game down. its not like the cubs are facing elimination tonite. Sack up, Jess.

The guy in charge of Bleed Cubbie Blue is trying to cheer us up:

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2008/10/2/6...-cubs-lose-game

Since I missed most of the game, I can't really comment on anything he says, especially his first point about the atmosphere. But it's interesting if that was the mood in the park last night (which I'm sure it was, he has no reason to lie about that.) I wonder how the crowd's energy will be tonight, since Big Z is such an energy feeder.

Since I missed most of the game, I can't really comment on anything he says, especially his first point about the atmosphere. But it's interesting if that was the mood in the park last night. I wonder how the crowd's energy will be tonight, since Big Z is such an energy feeder.

Well, honestly to hear you and jess talk, its all going to be tears and puke.

:mellow :thumbup :stunned

Since I missed most of the game, I can't really comment on anything he says, especially his first point about the atmosphere. But it's interesting if that was the mood in the park last night (which I'm sure it was, he has no reason to lie about that.) I wonder how the crowd's energy will be tonight, since Big Z is such an energy feeder.

Yeah. The crowd was terrible last night at Wrigley.

Yeah. The crowd was terrible last night at Wrigley.

I wonder if people were "taking for granted" that we'd advance or something... I don't get it. Don said tickets were going for face value on the street right before the game. WTF.

I will be down there tonight, doing my part to save the world and turn the energy around.

Google sure has a lot of results that focus on his suits. I had no idea.

That guy is known for his outrageous suits.

Now, if anyone wants to discuss Dennis Eckersley's hair...

It doesn't count in the post season. All bets is off in the post season. But honestly, why all the drama? You're only one game down. its not like the cubs are facing elimination tonite. Sack up, Jess.

ok

I think it's all downhill for the Cubs from here on out.

I'm putting you in "time out."

You're a Cubs fan, Jess? How did that happen?

I've been a Cubs fan. my husband has been a fan for 40 years, I've been a fan since I met my husband. I have a natural attraction to underdogs and the Cubs are the ultimate underdogs. :)