Post-season MLB

I've been a Cubs fan. my husband has been a fan for 40 years, I've been a fan since I met my husband. I have a natural attraction to underdogs and the Cubs are the ultimate underdogs. :)

Ah, gotcha. I'm always curious as to how people become fans of teams they didn't grow up near. Both of my brothers are Mets and Steelers fans, so go figure.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, gotcha. I'm always curious as to how people become fans of teams they didn't grow up near. Both of my brothers are Mets and Steelers fans, so go figure.

grew up in nashville and had wgn since i was 8 (1980). i was hooked. the cubs were on seemingly every afternoon and had this strange announcer who enjoyed saying players names' backwards and became more animated as the game progressed. :beer

leon durham's sports illustrated cover was on the door to my room for maybe three years.

i really hope the cubs can win tonight and make this thing competitive.

I've been a Cubs fan. my husband has been a fan for 40 years, I've been a fan since I met my husband. I have a natural attraction to underdogs and the Cubs are the ultimate underdogs. :)

I wish your husband would have been a White Sox fans.

I've always liked Troy Renck, writer/columnist for the Denver Post, but his take on last night's BOS/LAA game deserves special note. I just think it's a fine piece of writing:

http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_10614277

Just getting an espn screen (blank). Maybe I'm firewalled.

I've always liked Troy Renck, writer/columnist for the Denver Post, but his take on last night's BOS/LAA game deserves special note. I just think it's a fine piece of writing:

http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_10614277

I like this: "the philanthropic base-running of Vladimir Guerrero."

It was a nice play by Youklis and some bad base-running by Vlad.

Longoria putting on a show! 3 for 3, 2hrs so far

It's 6-3 now. Clearly Ozzie could have/should have yanked Vazquez before he did. They just had a day off and will have another one on Saturday. I don't get it.

Yeah, there's no chance the ChiSox will make it out of the ALDS vs. the Rays. Outmanned pretty much in every way, except in the "We have Ken Griffey Jr. way," which really doesn't mean much anymore.

Iwamura walked to load the bases, Upton up to bat, according to GameCast.

Game 1 to the Rays, only the third expansion team to win their first-ever post-season game (blue jays, rangers did it too)

And the Rangers proceeded to lose every other playoff game they had.