Post-season MLB

I like the optimism Lammy.. C'mon Cubs Fans, pull yourself up by the bootstraps and root for these guys.

I was rooting for them. Problem was almost no one else in the park was. You probably could've heard my roommate and me starting the "let's go Cubbies" cheers on the broadcast, everyone else was so quiet. Oh, unless they wanted to boo someone -- then they were loud and proud. :no

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm still rooting for them, i'll ALWAYS roote for them...but jeezus. after sitting through an hour and a half of bile-inducing 'you betchas' and other contrived hockey-momisms...turning the channel to see them floundering was the suck.

I'm with ya Kevin. I'll always root for them, but these two games were just depressing. I want them to win so badly!

I'm majorly disappointed and can't BELIEVE this is happening. I don't understand a team that can have a killer record throughout the whole season and totally drop the ball (literally) during the playoffs. the suckitude is endless!

the pressure in the playoffs must be huge! They are still the same team, they are just all f*cked in the head, i think.

For the record, the D-Rays are my team right now. Yay playoff baseball in Florida!

cough-bandwagon-cough.

Or, it could be the Cubs just ran into two strong starting pitching performances from LA, and a crap one from Dempster and a good one from Zambrano which was torpedoed by horrible defense. It will be up to Piniella to get their heads straight and win one game at a time.

I have decided that I am in favor of the wildcard team getting only 1 home game in the first round. The season has 162 games for a reason. The playoffs should be tilted more heavily in favor of the teams that proved their stuff over the full season. Also, the rule that the team with the best record cant play a wildcard team from its division is just stupid. The best team should play the team in the playoffs with the worst record (either the wildcard team or a division winner).

If we've learned anything, it's that a short series in baseball doesn't tell you much about which team is the better team. Shouldn't that be the goal? You can never get it to be perfect, and it shouldnt ever be perfect (otherwise, why have playoffs?), but still, I think it should be tilted more in favor of the best teams from the season.

(Also, Cubs fans should neither boo their team nor assume this series is over).

I have decided that I am in favor of the wildcard team getting only 1 home game in the first round. The season has 162 games for a reason. The playoffs should be tilted more heavily in favor of the teams that proved their stuff over the full season. Also, the rule that the team with the best record cant play a wildcard team from its division is just stupid. The best team should play the team in the playoffs with the worst record (either the wildcard team or a division winner).

If we've learned anything, it's that a short series in baseball doesn't tell you much about which team is the better team. Shouldn't that be the goal? You can never get it to be perfect, and it shouldnt ever be perfect (otherwise, why have playoffs?), but still, I think it should be tilted more in favor of the best teams from the season.

(Also, Cubs fans should neither boo their team nor assume this series is over).

Yeah, I heard a similar discussion on FAN this morning. I don't agree with the four-home games thing, do agree with the Wild Card team playing the best team in the league, regardless of division. Philly doesn't look like they are having a big problem with the Brewers; Boston so far just seems to have the Angels' number.

Playoffs I think were developed the same reason the World Series was developed - money, not to somehow determine which team in a particular season is the best.

cough-bandwagon-cough.

I guess.

If we've learned anything, it's that a short series in baseball doesn't tell you much about which team is the better team.

didn't someone get mad at me for saying this?

Or, it could be the Cubs just ran into two strong starting pitching performances from LA, and a crap one from Dempster and a good one from Zambrano which was torpedoed by horrible defense. It will be up to Piniella to get their heads straight and win one game at a time.

:cheekkiss

I'm going to use this as an inspirational quote and carry it around with me for the next couple days. No "don't count us out" logic I've read on any of the fan blogs have made me feel as hopeful as your words.

Jen, did I ever post this for you?

Also, I forgot to mention, my cousin-in-law is a cameraman working at the games in Chicago. If anyone is going to a game and knows where you're sitting, let me know, he can try to get you on TV.

Or, is it too late for that? I'm not really paying attention.

Well, he'll be somewhere else next week, anyway. I'll keep you all posted!

:cheekkiss

I'm going to use this as an inspirational quote and carry it around with me for the next couple days. No "don't count us out" logic I've read on any of the fan blogs have made me feel as hopeful as your words.

You're welcome. I'm sure Lou has some equally inspiring words for his troops.

Go go White Sox!! :thumbup

I can't believe I just wrote that. :stunned These Cubs losses must have hit me harder than I realized.

this season is bringing us all together. I don't want that black cloud over Chicago. I'll be damned if the Rays don't look good though. Sox need to pull this out tonight.