Post-season MLB

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on. You know what is going to happen. I haven't been hit by a car, or been in surgery. The red sox is sunk this season. I tried to get some chick over at the SoSH board to cute off one of her toes, but she can't do it until the end of next week.

I'd be interested in the Devil Rays taking it all and then having the owner trade away all the players. Or move the team.

Yeah, the team will probably be in Brooklyn within the decade, but they have enough young talent locked up to be competitive in the division for a few years.

it's still early, but...

goat.jpg

You Sox fans sure are cocky and greedy when October hits.

cocky doesn't sound accurate, but there might be an element of greed after 86 YEARS and then two championships. i don't think they're going to win it all this year, mostly due to injuries in bad spots, but whatever happens, i'm still high from 04 and double high from last year. not that it wouldn't be nice to make it again this year. and lester just now got out of a very bad predicament, so who knows?!?!?

:cheekkiss for lester

I came out of the dojo earlier -- it's about 8 blocks from Wrigley -- and walked past the first bar. I didn't need to see the score to know that the cubs were losing. Lots of glum faces.

To those that recall, I am not not a cubs fan. I just prefer the Sox (white ones that is).

tbs just said that pedroia is sometimes called (no doubt by papi) cavajito? cavallito? meaning "little pony." that's damned cute.

No one's supposed to wear white (socks) after Labor Day, anyway. So it works out.

white socks should not exist, never mind be worn. in my opinion.

Wellll.. shitfuck.

Thank you, Joe Schultz.

schultzmug.jpg

10. To Mike Hegan, after he got hit on the arm by a pitch:

"Where'd you get it, on the elbow?"

Hegan: "No. On the meat of the arm, the biceps."

"Oh, shit, you'll be okay. Just spit on it and rub some dirt on it."

9 . "Attaway to stomp 'em. Stomp the piss out of 'em. Stomp 'em when they're down. Kick 'em and stomp 'em. Attaway to go boys. Pound that old Budweiser into you and go get them tomorrow."

8. On pitching to Frank Howard:

"Look, whatever you do, don't let him beat you. Don't give him anything good to hit. throw it outside to him. Christ, I don't mean on the corner, either. He'll hit that pitch right out of here. Throw it a foot outside. Hell, he'll swing at those. Somebody's been getting him out. The bastard's only hitting.305."

7. "Attaway to stomp on 'em, men. Pound that Budweiser into you and go get 'em tomorrow." Shultz spots John Gelnar. "For crissakes, Gelnar. You'll never get them out drinking Dr. Pepper."

6. John Gelnar during a Shultz mound visit: "Any particular way you want me to pitch him, Joe?"

Schultz: "Nah, fuck him. Give him some low smoke and we'll go in and pound some Budweiser."

5. Bouton to Schultz: "I sure could use a workout."

Schultz: "If you need a workout go down to a whorehouse."

4. During bunting practice:

"Boys, bunting is like jacking off. Once you learn how you never forget."

3. After an argument with an umpire, returning to the dugout, to a woman in the front row:

"Hi ya, Blondie. How's your old tomato?"

2. Schultz: "Nice going out there today, Jim."

Bouton: "Joe, I had a fantastic knuckleball today. Just fantastic."

Schultz: "Did you? Did you have the feel of it?"

Bouton: "I sure did."

Schultz (grabbing crotch): "Well, feel this!"

1. "Well, boys, it's a round ball and a round bat and you got to hit it square."

Bonus quote, uttered by Pilots coach Frank Crosetti during infield practice:

"Thataway. That's the old Rufus Goofus."

My head hurts from all the beer I pounded at Bruno's after class last night. I shouldn't even have bothered trying to be a student last night, I was fucked from the start. Jittery, legs bouncing, hands drumming all throughout class, not hearing a word anyone said and the only thing I said all night was that marriage in Jane Austen-era England terrified me. I was getting score updates from 3 people and the other huge Cubs fan in class has a Blackberry so we were signing scores to each other while my former-nun, gender studies-loving prof was unaware of the happenings of the real world and kept droning on about the book we read. We got out of there in time to see the 8th inning. Did Dempster throw a single strike last night?

Z is Jekyll/Hyde, so we'll see if he kills our season tonight. I don't see us climbing out of a down-2 hole. But if we win tonight, I think we'll take the series... eventually...

Red Sox, bitches. The Jon Lester is the cat's pajamas. Keep it up! What's the baseball schedule for today? Is there going to be any on, or will they all be riveted to the telly watching the debate, which for some reason, I thought was last night?

Z is Jekyll/Hyde, so we'll see if he kills our season tonight. I don't see us climbing out of a down-2 hole. But if we win tonight, I think we'll take the series... eventually...

Vibes to the Cubs fans. I take no pleasure in seeing the Cubs lose. I agree with your assessment above. It would be great to see Dempster get another chance to pitch as he would more than likely amp down a bit.

Red Sox, bitches. The Jon Lester is the cat's pajamas. Keep it up! What's the baseball schedule for today? Is there going to be any on, or will they all be riveted to the telly watching the debate, which for some reason, I thought was last night?

Chi White Sox

Tampa Bay

* 2:37pm ET

* Add to Calendar

TV: TBS

Milwaukee vs Philadelphia

* 6:07pm ET

* Add to Calendar

LA Dodgers vs Chi Cubs

* 9:37pm ET

* Add to Calendar

Vibes to the Cubs fans. I take no pleasure in seeing the Cubs lose. I agree with your assessment above. It would be great to see Dempster get another chance to pitch as he would more than likely amp down a bit.

Of all the pitchers it's weird to feel the most confident in Ted Lilly, but that's how I see things right now.

I will be drinking heavily as soon as work ends. No night class to muck things up today.

I did stay at the bar for the Red Sox game. That made me feel a little better, but not much. I think I was too smug about the Brewers losing and karma bit me in the ass. I'm sorry, Cubs. I screwed things up yesterday with my cocky strut around my cubicle.

Oh, now you'll root for them. But hey, the Rays are on today so....

Of all the pitchers it's weird to feel the most confident in Ted Lilly, but that's how I see things right now.

I will be drinking heavily as soon as work ends. No night class to muck things up today.

I did stay at the bar for the Red Sox game. That made me feel a little better, but not much. I think I was too smug about the Brewers losing and karma bit me in the ass. I'm sorry, Cubs. I screwed things up yesterday with my cocky strut around my cubicle.

yeah, from now on SHUT UP!!!!! :)