Post-season MLB

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never undertand the hateration!

personally, it's ~ 4 years of living in a house w/ a large contingent of southsiders who absolutely despised the cubs...coupled w/ self-admitted jealousy over their recent series win. if it 's any consolation, i still hate the cardinals more.

I grew up just far enough away from Chicago (southwest Michigan) to be a fan of both teams.

i grew up on the mason dixon line of midwest baseball in central illinois...i'm the only one in my immediate family that isn't a cardinals fan. still don't fucking understand that...YOU LIVE IN ILLINOIS! my grandparents and aunt neat were the ones that raised me on the cubbies.

i grew up on the mason dixon line of midwest baseball in central illinois...i'm the only one in my immediate family that isn't a cardinals fan. still don't fucking understand that...YOU LIVE IN ILLINOIS! my grandparents and aunt neat were the ones that raised me on the cubbies.

Your hometown is equidistant from Chicago and St. Louis, no?

Damn straight!

20__1222731193_3533.jpg

GO RED SOX!

I like when the 1990s Bulls used the term "threepeat."

GO CUBS!!

pretty much, but nobody around there is a fucking rams fan for chrissakes. pick a state!

The Rams are a relatively new team to that area. Cubs, Cards, and Bears all have a lot of history.

I live in central Illinois and it seems like north of 1-74 it

I live in central Illinois and it seems like north of 1-74 it's mainly cub fans. Between I-74 & I-72 it's a mix of Cubs/Cards while south of I-72 it is primarily Cards. Sox fans are scattered here and there. There are lots of Rams fans here, lots of Packers fans and a smattering of Colts fans but primarily Bears.

Ok I give up, how do you end up with lots of Packers fans down there? I'd think more Colts, especially after the Super Bowl that I like to pretend never happened.*

*go Bears. :ohwell

Damn straight!

20__1222731193_3533.jpg

GO RED SOX!

i love your avatar today.

i'm worried about the injuries.

but most important,

GO SOX!!!

Ok I give up, how do you end up with lots of Packers fans down there? I'd think more Colts, especially after the Super Bowl that I like to pretend never happened.*

*go Bears. :ohwell

I think that with sports, football especially I think, you find clusters of fans who are of certain ages who identify with the teams who were winning when they were becoming aware of the game. With the Packers there are lots of late 50

totally. i have relatives from both central and southern illinois who constantly tell me they don't understand how i can live up here. after 13 years...i don't understand how i couldn't. i do love to to go back though...there is a lot about the area i miss and i want to make sure my kids know there is life past joliet.

You can also get life in Pontiac, Menard, Danville etc...