The like, newest new election thread

Is that some sort of threat - what are you, a lawn ornament? I'll have you know that my skill with a spade is pretty much unsurpassed, so if you and/or your ceramic little friends intend to start some trouble, well, just keep in mind you've been warned.

Maybe you are not aware, maybe you just don't care, maybe you're nothing but an insensitive bear....

301og9y.jpg

But, I'm still waiting for him to come home.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, thanks for that, I still have spray paint on my eyelids from when you and your friends pulled that little stunt.

Don't try to get it off. You'll fit right in at your local emo-screamo club. :thumbup

2re5hk9.jpg

I always told Pedro, if you ever see me buying fake deer, wagon wheels, and an excessive amount of gnomes for our land..please help me.

:lol - but seriously, by excessive do you mean 1?

You shouldn't talk like that. I do have 1, but it was a gift from my mama.

mooninggnome.jpg

Ok and so I think we've taken garden gnome-centric humor about as far as we can take it - and maybe even pushed the envelope a little bit.

I would enjoy a debate with all 6 presidental canidates.I think it would make for a very interesting evening.

Constitution Party Candidate-Chuck Baldwin

Democratic Party Candidate-Barrack Obama

Green Party Candidate-Cynthia McKinney

Independent Party Candidate-Ralph Nader

Libertarian Party Candidate-Bob Barr

Republican Party Candidate-John Palin

http://thirdpartyticket.com/

I would enjoy a debate with all 6 presidental canidates.I think it would make for a very interesting evening.

Constitution Party Candidate-Chuck Baldwin

Democratic Party Candidate-Barrack Obama

Green Party Candidate-Cynthia McKinney

Independent Party Candidate-Ralph Nader

Libertarian Party Candidate-Bob Barr

Republican Party Candidate-John Palin

Jeez, that would be unreal: To give the American people some choices. The machine would never allow it. Allowing people with little/no affiliation to corporate interests to be in a position of power is death for the system as we know it, which would be a good thing, but will never happen. Shame.

Jeez, that would be unreal: To give the American people some choices. The machine would never allow it. Allowing people with little/no affiliation to corporate interests to be in a position of power is death for the system as we know it, which would be a good thing, but will never happen. Shame.

I'd love to see a debate like that happen.

I'd love to see a debate like that happen.

Watch the third party debates online

Watch the third party debates online

Thanks but no thanks. That just exemplifies that fact that the machine is trying to silence these people, like "We're going to have our one-on-one debate on national television with corporate sponsors, the kids will be over there in the sandbox, we try to ignore them anyway." Its an insult to all of us that we are forced to listen to the same crap from the two (or should I say one) major parties and the other cadidates who are equally as qualified get pushed to the side.

Many of the third-party candidates will be on ballots next month. People can vote for them if they choose to.

Thanks but no thanks. That just exemplifies that fact that the machine is trying to silence these people, like "We're going to have our one-on-one debate on national television with corporate sponsors, the kids will be over there in the sandbox, we try to ignore them anyway." Its an insult to all of us that we are forced to listen to the same crap from the two (or should I say one) major parties and the other cadidates who are equally as qualified get pushed to the side.

well, it's not like the machine is just going to change on its own. the people need to change it.

Typical fascist.

How do you like my new Facebook profile pic?

800px-Geldof_wall.jpg

This just in. And I don't know what, if any thread this belongs in. And, yes, this is real.

The daycare my kids go to just received an envelope of white powder and a threatening letter. :omg Details are scarce thus far, but I spoke with one of the teachers and the substance turned out to be something benign. I don't know any details about the content of the letter, but the investigation has turned to the subject of who the hell would do this? Is this 2001 again??

This post resides in the politics thread only because I'm trying to rationalize this and figure it out who on earth would do something like this and why. And in the back of my head I can't discount the fact that a tense election season has the potential to bring the crazies out of the woodwork trying to effectively push domestic terror fears back into the spotlight. (because, really, what on earth could you be hoping to achieve by this?) Or it could just as easily be somebody with a grudge against somebody there. Former employee, maybe? I duno. I'm kind of numb. Relieved that this turned out to be nothing, but pissed that this kind of shit is happening at all. Argh. Lets just leave it at that.

I'm voting for Nader. Not a doubt in my mind.

Nader strikes me as someone who is best suited for advocacy. I also think he would do grand things for accelerating green innovations, but I don't know if he's a go to guy in terms of foreign policy. I did however, vote for him in my first presidential election (2000). Still don't know how to feel about that choice, but I had my reasons.

This just in. And I don't know what, if any thread this belongs in. And, yes, this is real.

The daycare my kids go to just received an envelope of white powder and a threatening letter. :omg Details are scarce thus far, but I spoke with one of the teachers and the substance turned out to be something benign. I don't know any details about the content of the letter, but the investigation has turned to the subject of who the hell would do this? Is this 2001 again??

This post resides in the politics thread only because I'm trying to rationalize this and figure it out who on earth would do something like this and why. And in the back of my head I can't discount the fact that a tense election season has the potential to bring the crazies out of the woodwork trying to effectively push domestic terror fears back into the spotlight. (because, really, what on earth could you be hoping to achieve by this?) Or it could just as easily be somebody with a grudge against somebody there. Former employee, maybe? I duno. I'm kind of numb. Relieved that this turned out to be nothing, but pissed that this kind of shit is happening at all. Argh. Lets just leave it at that.

Vibes, man. My guess is "grudge." Probably a bad breakup.

We had something like that happen here where I work once - it turned out to be some JC freak leaving packages in various mail rooms around campus.