The like, newest new election thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"What is the sound just after Todd Palin is devoured by a grizzly bear?"

"Belch."

Aren't all you Obama supporters SO proud to have someone as classy as Madonna on your side?

you're kidding, right? who cares?

A Madonna endorsement is not good for the endorsed.

she is one person, among many millions, and a person who most don't respect no matter what her "endorsements" are. why would her opinion deserve attention unless by those who admire her opinions?

at least she's not on the ticket with him. when i look at the other ticket . . . this surely pales.

she is one person, among many millions, and a person who most don't respect no matter what her "endorsements" are. why would her opinion deserve attention unless by those who admire her opinions?

Fodder. "Oh, look who's endorsed Obama. Yet another reason I'm not voting for him."

Your tongue's in cheek, right?

McCain is likened to Hitler?......c'mon now.

It's irrelevant. She supports who she wants. She can say what she wants to say. Get over it. It's not the end of the world or the election.

And, it's not like Republican supporters are playing the game clean either.

Devo Playing Rare Akron Show For Obama

October 07, 2008 , 2:15 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Devo will play a rare show in its hometown of Akron, Ohio, next weekend, with proceeds to benefit the Summit County Democratic Party's efforts to elect Barack Obama as president.

The event is set for Oct. 17 at the Akron Civic Theatre. Tickets are on sale now via Ticketmaster. Devo last played the Akron area as part of Lollapalooza in 1996 but apparently hasn't done a headlining show there since 1979.

Devo formed in Akron in 1973, with materials for its early stage outfits having been provided by the city's Portage Broom & Brush. The group has long been based in California, but decided to focus its energies on the battleground state of Ohio as the Nov. 4 election draws near.

"We all have a vested interest in what happens here -- our families and friends who have been hurt of the nonsense of the past eight years," group member Mark Mothersbaugh says. "We hope to make an impact with this concert, and raise consciousness to what's happened in Ohio in the past -- and what will happen again if people are not made aware of what their vote means."

Devo endorsed Obama? Yet another reason I'm not voting for him.

Devo has been responsible for 90% of my voting decisions since 1990. The other 10% was Madonna. I'm glad to see these two line up on this one as it was going to be a tough call down the stretch here.

Aren't all you Obama supporters SO proud to have someone as classy as Madonna on your side?

Madonna was quoted by the NY Post as saying

I hate to be the guy to break it to you jakobnicholas, but that story was reported in the NYPost. As in, Rupert Murdoch's NY Post.

In other words, that story was reported so that McCain supporters could be SO proud to puff out their chests and joke about this endorsement. Not because Obama supporters give a rat's ass about Madonna. Hook, line, sinker, ya know?

Fodder. "Oh, look who's endorsed Obama. Yet another reason I'm not voting for him."

i know. sad, eh? the questioner didn't seem to realize that it has no meaning except as fodder. he seemed dead serious.

October 5, 2008

The Nation

Who You Callin

From the Washington Post (an excerpt from a much longer article) -

"Worse, Palin's routine attacks on the media have begun to spill into ugliness. In Clearwater, arriving reporters were greeted with shouts and taunts by the crowd of about 3,000. Palin then went on to blame Katie Couric's questions for her "less-than-successful interview with kinda mainstream media." At that, Palin supporters turned on reporters in the press area, waving thunder sticks and shouting abuse. Others hurled obscenities at a camera crew. One Palin supporter shouted a racial epithet at an African American sound man for a network and told him, "Sit down, boy."

source - http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8100602935.html

What a wonderful group of voters to court - the GOP should be really proud that they've secured the total fucking asshole, ignorant loser vote - congrats!