The like, newest new election thread

Your opinion. They were pretty bad.

Right, my memory is not that bad, I was alive and workin then. I was actually workin in public accountin then and saw some firms have dips in their revenues and profits, none (of my clients) that I could think of laid anyone off though... but the entire economy was not on the verge of collapse world wide because of anythin Bill Clinton did back then. Today across the globe there is a huge mess spreadin and the mess starts with the deregualtion of the US financial systems, a pet GOP cause, and you can not deny that, McCain thhe presummptive leader of the party is still preachin deregulation. Did democrats vote for and get on board with these bills? you betcha. Did president Clinton sign the Enron bill among others? You betcha. Did the entire concept/bill pretty much originate with the GOP? Absolutely.

You have got to be kidding me. Wake the fuck up. If you can't see how both parties are responsible for this mess, then all hope is lost.

Maybe all hope is lost for you? This notion that because senators and representatives from both parties voted on legislation somehow spreads the blame is bullshit. Plain and simple. What is occurin today is the result of republicans wishes & actions to de-regualte everythin. So what if some democrats voted on these things, the drivin force behind the deregulation and let the markets handle themselves. Well guess what, the markets did not have the wisdom to operate responsibly and we as tax payers are screwed as a result. This once again plays bullshit to the notion that there has to be balance on issues. The same logic could be applied to Iraq, sure some democrats voted for Iraq, but the whole deal lock stock and barrel was an administration project that they could mark off their wish list. Same principle, different issues.

I'm doen with this because its pissing me off even thinking about it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greed is non-partisan, but deregulation is a GOP production.

going back to the fur thing...i love PETA's nude celebrity campaign and other clothing optional activism. not enough to swear off KFC, but it makes me think about being a vegetarian for a few seconds.

People

Eating

Tasty

Animals

Sorry, couldnt resist. :thumbup

IMO, PETA makes environmentalists/Lefties/liberals look like a bunch of loonies. For example, PETA was recently advocating that ice cream be made out of human milk. I wish they would face up to the reality that humans are at the top of the food chain and as omnivores, we were born to eat meat. Dont get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with going vegetarian but there's also nothing at all wrong with a medium rare steak.

People

Eating

Tasty

Animals

Sorry, couldnt resist. :thumbup

IMO, PETA makes environmentalists/Lefties/liberals look like a bunch of loonies. For example, PETA was recently advocating that ice cream be made out of human milk. I wish they would face up to the reality that humans are at the top of the food chain and as omnivores, we were born to eat meat. Dont get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with going vegetarian but there's also nothing at all wrong with a medium rare steak.

No breast milk in ice-cream for me please. I do eat meat & drink milk, but it's mainly from the family farm next door. I am lucky enough to have raw-milk, fresh eggs, and organic beef/chicken in my backyard. I do avoid crap factory farmed meats and fast food..but not always 100%. I'm a wacko liberal, but I love meat.

the gift that keeps on giving all year long. i do agree they are nuts though. and i love steak.

You know whats really good?

Buffalo.

Try it.

I guarantee you'll like it.

Almost better than beef. Its a toss up.

In honor of all the Obama freaks on this board, a song...

(To the tune of Golden Smog's "Jennifer Save Me")

OBAMA SAVE ME

Obama save me (Ooo-ooo-ooo-woo-ooo)

McCain and Palin's faces look at me as if to say:

"We're senile, dumbass mavericks. We will torture pagans, blacks and gays"

I wanna hug Barack. I dig the way he talks!

And if he leads today, we'll all smile tomorrow

And if he leads today, we'll dance tomorrow

He'll tax big, evil business

The poor of us will never be fleeced

We'll have great jobs, fancy houses

We'll all live in ever-after peace

I'm voting for Barack. His dreamy smile. He's a jock!

And if he leads today, we're all rich tomorrow

And if he leads today, we're free tomorrow

Just 2 years in the senate

But he could organize off your pants

His preacher Wright is a racist nut

Amazed 'Bama even got the chance! (yea-yea)

For a win for Barack? I'd stroke a donkey's (CENSORED)!

And if he leads today, no problems tomorrow

And if he leads today, no worries tomorrow

Obama save me (Ooo-ooo-ooo-woo-ooo-ooo-hoo)

^^ don't quit your day job.

also...

I don't get it.

EDIT: I mean, I watched the clip - but I can't figure out why you posted it. Lot of stuff happening in that - the "prisoners" thing?

DOUBLE-EDIT: Apparently it was the 'prisoner' thing. I checked out the YouTube page.

I don't get it.

EDIT: I mean, I watched the clip - but I can't figure out why you posted it. Lot of stuff happening in that - the "prisoners" thing?

DOUBLE-EDIT: Apparently it was the 'prisoner' thing. I checked out the YouTube page.

yeah "My Fellow Prisoners"

5x4pz5.gif That's getting old.

yah, definitely old, but i guess someone has to consistently represent the faux savior propaganda. pathetic.

In honor of all the Obama freaks on this board, a song...

(To the tune of Golden Smog's "Jennifer Save Me")

OBAMA SAVE ME

[etc.]

did you waste your employer's time writing that or your own? either way . . .

Iraq may one day be a shining beacon of democracy to the Middle East. I may one day get to make out with Helena Bonham-Carter. Both outcomes seem about equally likely.

I don't know dude, don't it out...after all, she is (shacked up) with Tim Burton...

tim_burton_121707_0002.jpg

Do you think one party is to blame for the financial catastrophe we're in?

No. However, for some reason I believe the GOP is funded by corporations while the Dems are funded by the unions. Unions vs. the Corporations. While I don't have much experience with either I tend to think the unions may look at for the little people a little better than the corporations. I am not saying unions are angelic, just saying they appear more willing to represent the people.

It also appears the corporate financial entities pushed the bubble. Both parties turned a blind eye. However, as we embark on a power change in the White House, I am betting on the side that leans more toward the people, not the corporations.

I am aware that corporations provide jobs, but their interests have been met more than the people's, sometimes to the detriment of the people.

No. However, for some reason I believe the GOP is funded by corporations while the Dems are funded by the unions. Unions vs. the Corporations. While I don't have much experience with either I tend to think the unions may look at for the little people a little better than the corporations. I am not saying unions are angelic, just saying they appear more willing to represent the people.

It also appears the corporate financial entities pushed the bubble. Both parties turned a blind eye. However, as we embark on a power change in the White House, I am betting on the side that leans more toward the people, not the corporations.

I am aware that corporations provide jobs, but their interests have been met more than the people's, sometimes to the detriment of the people.

Wall Street bankers own both parties...even Obama

Sigh...with the kind of lead Obama has, the LAST thing he needs is any excuse to challenge the legitimacy of his (probable/possible) election.

Nevada authorities claim voter-fraud scheme used names of Dallas Cowboys

08:35 AM CDT on Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Associated Press

LAS VEGAS