The like, newest new election thread

Somebody has to.

As much as I hate to agree, it is a representative democracy...right?

OK - let's do this thing! :beer

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pretty civil tone me thinks. No Ayers, no Keating Five. Damn, Obama comes off as presidential material. McCain should keep his day job.

I wish there would have been more back and forth. It seemed like as soon as things started getting good we'd be off to another question.

Obama by a nose.

I wonder what percentage of people watch these things might possibly be swayed (certainly not me). I have a theory that most of us watch them out of some combination of a dubious sense of civic obligation and a sports fan's desire to see his/her team win.

And, hoping for some big train-wreck moment.

I wonder what percentage of people watch these things might possibly be swayed (certainly not me). I have a theory that most of us watch them out of some combination of a dubious sense of civic obligation and a sports fan's desire to see his/her team win.

This certainly describes me.

I guess I don't feel an obligation as much as I'm just a total junkie for politics. Hopelessly addicted.

That didn't cross my mind but yeah, definitely. The difference is just so striking - I wonder if historians will compare this to JFK/Nixon someday.

I disliked the forum, and I thought the questions were weak. Just my opinion.

from what I've been told, by people I trust, the lock is already in on obama.

if that's the case, I truly wish him well. I don't look for anyone to fail in this job.

(I guess that separates me from most of the rest of the posters here, but so be it)

gotta be honest... i'd have probably scored tonight's debate a tie...

which means an Obama win in the grand scheme.

really really boring stuff, even compared to the first debate.

a good portion of it was a complete rehash. let's hope next week's debate is a bit more livlier.

regardless, this thing is f'n OVER

game. set. match.