Worst Member of Great Bands

I was going to post this. Rats!

Because you know it's the truth. There was never a worse member ... of any band, really.

If the Eagles had been a great band, Don Henley would qualify. He's a shitty drummer.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donna who screeched all over those mid-period Grateful Dead songs.

Oh, and...

I may ruffle a few feathers here, but Garth Hudson of the Band sucked.

FAIL!!!

Garth was essential to their sound.

Donna who screeched all over those mid-period Grateful Dead songs.

Good Lord yes!

I've lost count of the amount of times I've been relaxing listening to the GD get into a nice jam only to have Donna start caterwauling over the top it.

I may ruffle a few feathers here, but Garth Hudson of the Band sucked. He was a technically great player and when he played piano, came up with some great lines. However, his cheesy, out of tune synth sounds nearly ruin the entire catalog of The Band. I can't believe no one ever called him out on it. Really, just watch the Last Waltz and listen to him vomit all over Mannish Boy, Helpless, and well... pretty much everything.

Also, Patti from The E Street Band

Patti 100%. Is her guitar even plugged in?!

Billy Talbot- Crazy Horse

No No No

I used to see WSP a good bit back when Brother Houser was lingering and it twas

always a BEER run when a JoJo tune came on. He could have stepped it up when

Mike passed, but he simply doesn't have the skill.

I would also say Dave Matthews of ya know his own band.

Ringo Starr

Jay Bennett :pirate

No.

and

No.

Jeff may have always been the driving force behind Wilco, but I would argue that Jay was instrumental in the turns that they took on both Being There and Summerteeth. Don't know Jeff, but I would imagine that he would probably admit as much, as well.

And Ringo is freaking RINGO!!!!

The Beatles would not have been The Beatles without him. He may not have the chops of Neal Peart, but I would argue that he was one of the most imaginative drummers in rock history. Period. Brilliant.

Billy Talbot- Crazy Horse

Not a bad member. Essential actually. But not a good musician. Molina too for that matter. Shit add Poncho to the list as well. However, together they make some of the most beatiful noise on the planet.

"People tell us that we play too loud. But they don't know what our music's about."

Jeff Tweedy in Uncle Tupelo?

it's a JOKE

Is it? ;)

the washing machinist from Hurra Torpedo.

forsidebilde.jpg

I call bullshit! Name a washing machinist better than him!

Posh Spice.

Also, I'm starting to doubt Jerome's contributions to The Time.

He holds the mirror!!!

(also a great dancer, if you've ever seen them live.)

Sammy Hagar in Van Halen

Oh yeah. "Hagar the Horrible". Outside of that first Montrose record I've never heard anything of his that I could stand.

Alan White - Yes

Harsh! I know he ain't Bill Bruford, but who is? I thought his work was pretty damn good (at least in the '70s).

Harsh! I know he ain't Bill Bruford, but who is? I thought his work was pretty damn good (at least in the '70s).

He's not a bad drummer, but I feel their music took a noticable dip in quality after Bruford quit (although Rick Wakeman's departure is partially to blame, as well). Alan White seems like an odd choice considering the likes of Mitch Mitchell and Michael Giles were probably available at the time.

Giles' drumming on ITCOTCK and especially the live stuff from that time is some of the best ever!