What the best seats you had for a concert?

I was 4th row dead center for Wilco the last time they came to Atlanta at Chastain. That is the closest "seats" i've had obviously not including general admission shows that i have fought my way to the front for.

too bad it rained so hard that night i felt like i should leave early to build an ark to get home.

great show though Pats family were behind us.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was 4th row dead center for Wilco the last time they came to Atlanta at Chastain. That is the closest "seats" i've had obviously not including general admission shows that i have fought my way to the front for.

too bad it rained so hard that night i felt like i should leave early to build an ark to get home.

great show though Pats family were behind us.

I agree that was a great show. That rain made it one the most joyful nights in memory. Fun, laughter, love and excellent music. I couldn't stand the feeling of my saturated T shirt and took it off. When I went to the bathroom a security guy wouldn't let me go back to my seat without a shirt. I was maybe 50 feet from my seat. "My shirt is at my seat with my wife'. 'You can't go in the seats without a shirt' I felt like Yossarian. He actually had to get his superior while another guy watched me! The boss told me to go sit down!

wilco - front row, centre (3 times!)

bob dylan - on the rail with 2000 people behind in 2003). and on the rail last year at an arena

roger waters - 2nd row, centre

john fogerty - 3rd row, centre

plus various pub gigs where i was right up front

Front Row - Center

Grateful Dead 7/6/94

Damn. the closest I ever got for them was like 6th row - my last show (the Deer Creek Incident), but we won't talk about that.

I've been in tehf irst 3 rows for over a dozen shows, including 2nd row for Wilco @ the Tennessee Theater in '98? or '99, but it was the front row, stage left seat I had at a triple bill featuring fIREHOSE that caused me lasting hearing loss. My head rang for days. Doc says about 10% from that one show.

Next at stage for Wilco in 2005, I think was the year, at the Wiltern. Tweedy up close at the Fonda, 2006. The Dandy Warhols earlier this month at the Wiltern. All L. A. Nothing beats being able to feel the music through the vibrations of the floors as well as hearing it. The crowd at these shows were pretty cool. No pushing towards the stage if you maintained your stance and claimed your territory. On another note, In 1984 I also had the back row seat at the L.A. Colosseum. I was greatful to be in the venue at all. At the same token, I was jealous because by brother-in-law scored better tickets and we both waited in line together at the ticketron outlet. He got the closer wristband! I still don't like him all that much. Petty, I know, but I loves my music!