Hold on just one damn minute...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Gene Moore won for Cook County Recorder of Deeds. Can you believe it?

Shocking..unbelieveably shocking...

But seriously....the IL constitutional convention failed; what a break for the good guys....we really didn't need this, we just need a few laws passed to impeach or recall public officials, not a complete rewrite.

LouieB

on that, i agree w/ you 100%!

It was pretty much a no brainer. $80 million to convene a bunch of politicians who would screw around (and possibly mess up my sweet pension) seemed like a bad deal. It was defeated roundly.

LouieB

It was pretty much a no brainer. $80 million to convene a bunch of politicians who would screw around (and possibly mess up my sweet pension) seemed like a bad deal. It was defeated roundly.

LouieB

:lol yes, my wife reminded me to vote against it because: 'those morons can fuck w/ my teacher's pension'.

Abe was all about "free labor," as in you go to work for a land owner, earn enough to become a land owner, then you hire another guy, who becomes a land owner, and so on and so on. Slavery screwed up that equation, so it had to go. Did not take into account the US industrial boom of the late 19th century.

I think you need a bigger signature.

:lol yes, my wife reminded me to vote against it because: 'those morons can fuck w/ my teacher's pension'.

The teachers unions did a full court press on this issue. My wife is a teacher too and we got more robocalls about this issue.

LouieB

The teachers unions did a full court press on this issue. My wife is a teacher too and we got more robocalls about this issue.

LouieB

Ditto.

The main thing to me was just that I heard not one real reason why there should be a constitutional convention. I understand that by law it has to be on the ballot every so many years, but I don't know a single person who was for it, and the one television commercial I saw in favor of it didn't really offer any reasons why it was necessary.

the only real reason to have one was to create sections to get rid of elected officials. But there is no reason some amendment to the constitution can't be drawn up to do the same thing at a lower cost.

LouieB

People down here where I live support the convention, their main thing is getting a recall provision in to get rid of Blago. I'm no fan of his, but am against the notion of recall elections. The supporters of recall use Blago as their main talking point when trying to gather signatures on their petitions, when I tell them that it opens a big can of worms and that republican governors could be recalled too they give confused "why would you do that" looks. It is really an effort targeted at one person and that sort of thing needs to be opnely debated and passed during more benign times rather than in the heat of the moment when passions are up and all the consequences are not considered.

He's in jail in Terre Haute and is scheduled for release in 2013.

Terre Haute IS a jail. That's almost cruel and unusual punishment.

I'll guess that Janaury 20th he might get a letter in the mail from the President.

Saying they're suckers?

why are we still hearing more and more from Sarah Palin? is anyone else sick to death of her?

She sure is getting a lot more play and face time after a major loss than John Edwards of Dan Quayle...

She sure is getting a lot more play and face time after a major loss than John Edwards of Dan Quayle...

I know. I could care less about her opinions on...ANYTHING!