Hold on just one damn minute...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main point is those proclaiming 'hosannah' will be among the first to shout 'crucify him'.

Oh.

I like to think of my fellow citizens as a bit more savy than that I guess. I think most adults can grasp that we are in a heap of shit right now and it's going to take quite a long time to dig out. It's good to have someone with some grace and intelligence and maybe even vision to start the process.

But then, when I meet Buddha on the road I always kill him.

Oh.

I like to think of my fellow citizens as a bit more savy than that I guess. I think most adults can grasp that we are in a heap of shit right now and it's going to take quite a long time to dig out. It's good to have someone with some grace and intelligence and maybe even vision to start the process.

Great...now I am the great cynic.

America is proficient in devouring heroes that are perceived (rightly or wrongly) to have failed them.

I hope and pray that grace and intelligence are more than enough.

But with all the expectations piled on his shoulders, he is bound to disappoint (and possibly enrage) many.

I hope to G-d that is a combination of Lincoln and both Roosevelts.

:wub I loved that book.

Btw, did y'all see Barack and Michelle on 60 Minutes? How refreshing it is to see a couple so obviously in love and at ease with each other on national TV. Michelle digging at Barack about "doing the dishes" and the like. Such a change from the stilted conversations of W & Laura (who appear as if they were an arranged marriage) or the Clintons (who seem more like business partners than a couple).

I saw the interview and enjoyed it. A good balance of policy questions with Barack on his own, and then the schmaltzy stuff everyone likes to hear about with the two of them together in the second half of the interview.

I never got the impression that the Bushes' marriage wasn't a loving one, though there's no doubt that Michelle Obama is a whole lot more comfortable on TV than Laura Bush is.

Zen Student: What is Buddha?

Zen Master (as they walk through a forest): Dried shit on a stick

The Lincoln comparison might ring true if he pushes through with appointments of his opponents/adversaries/republicans to his cabinet. I think that'll go a long way.

He said on 60 Minutes last night he would appoint Republicans to cabinet posts. I THINK but am not 100 percent sure that we as a nation are ready to get past the Rovian way of looking at things and work together to address our problems IF Obama stays to the center.

He said on 60 Minutes last night he would appoint Republicans to cabinet posts. I THINK but am not 100 percent sure that we as a nation are ready to get past the Rovian way of looking at things and work together to address our problems IF Obama stays to the center.

Yeah. Chuck Hagel's name is always mentioned for Obama's administration, and I can easily imagine Dick Lugar and Arlen specter (if his health is ok) as well.

All of those guys are pretty centrist Republicans - I can't imagine wingnuts like Sessions doing anything but being obstructionist.

My main point is those proclaiming 'hosannah' will be among the first to shout 'crucify him'.

The ones who want to crucify him are already shouting and to my knowledge they are the ones who came up witht he whole messiah thing in the first place...the right wing media. (Limbaugh, Hannity, Fox, ORiely etc...).

I never got the impression that the Bushes' marriage wasn't a loving one, though there's no doubt that Michelle Obama is a whole lot more comfortable on TV than Laura Bush is.

The Bush's as a couple are more formal and stiff when they appeaer together. Not sure if that coems from living in a very high profile family for so long or if it is calculated to make them appear more formal and powerful or some other reason. Probably a combination of factors.

If Obama can make a college football playoff happen, I promise to be his new best friend.

I really hope this is what he focuses his full energy on, making this his number one priority as president.

He can put it in the same bill as the new tax code.

But then we'd need a sports talk radio bailout. What would they talk about without the ability to bitch and moan about the BCS!?!

You underestimate the ability of sports talk radio hosts to fill 3-4 hours worth of airtime.

dust%20bowl%201.jpg

Yeah, something like that.

And we're still paying them not to farm (unless they're growing corn for ethanol, which is a whole 'nother discussion) even without the giant cloud of dust. But actually the Dust Bowl wasn't the reason for that. The price of crops fell after WWI, so there were huge surpluses. So FDR implemented this "temporary" measure to reduce surpluses.

Word is that Clinton will accept the SoS offer. Not a surprise, obviously, but what does she want out of it? I can't figure that out.

i have a feeling that making her Secretary of State opens up opportunities for certain circumstances that might disqualify her from running for President ever again...

so there's that.