Florida teen commits suicide in front of webcam

this is some rough shit.

I want my life to end. I am tired of f@#$ing up everything. I am tired of people always telling me that they do not like me. I am tired of trying to be decent. I hope that someone finds this post and I hope that my parents know that I f@#$ed up not them. It is my fault I screwed up my own life. The hate that rages within me' date=' rages not for those I love so dearly or those who have crossed my path. This hate rages full force towards me and only me.

I have long forgiven those who've hurt me, but I have not and cannot come to terms to forgive myself for the things I have done to myself, and the things I've done to hurt those in my life.

[/indent']

I almost posted this last night. This is one of the saddest and most screwed up things I've read about in a long time. In the class I'm teaching about understanding culture and cultural assumptions, we're finishing up a unit on technology. Most of the students still have a hard time believing technology can ever be a bad thing. I definitely want to bring this up to them at our next class, after the break.

I saw this last night too -- I had heard of a similar story about a year ago. Simply tragic from all angles. Also, this kid was from where our own B2 is from.

Yep, apparently his dad teaches at my old high school. This is a weird story, but I'm going to be the insensitive prick who says at least he didnt take anyone down with him like what has seemingly become the trend.

Yep, apparently his dad teaches at my old high school. This is a weird story, but I'm going to be the insensitive prick who says at least he didnt take anyone down with him like what has seemingly become the trend.

The story is certainly horrific, yet that was one of my first thoughts as well. It's quite terrifying when something like this happens and the first thought it is at least he didn't shoot his school up, yet sadly that's where we are.

--Mike

it's hardly the trend. far far more people kill themselves alone than go on a gun crazy rampage - whatever the media might believe.

i also think when they say poeple egged him on etc... it's a bit misleading; it's not like they were in the same room with him, it's often hard to tell exactly what people's intent is on the internet, as we all know.

still, a very sad story.

At the risk of sounding insensitive, I think this is being a little overplayed. Obviously the medium is different, but all sorts of people threaten to kill themselves and not many people take that seriously. I don't think I would have been in the room calling that guy a faggot or telling him to go through with it, but I can name at least fifteen kids from my high school class that likely would have. And I am almost certain that even I wouldn't have believed he was really going to do it until it was too late. I know none of that makes it less awful, but I don't think it is particularly any more awful than any kid that commits suicide. In my opinion, the time and ink spent on this story would have been better served discussing troop suicides.

At the risk of sounding insensitive, I think this is being a little overplayed. Obviously the medium is different, but all sorts of people threaten to kill themselves and not many people take that seriously. I don't think I would have been in the room calling that guy a faggot or telling him to go through with it, but I can name at least fifteen kids from my high school class that likely would have. And I am almost certain that even I wouldn't have believed he was really going to do it until it was too late. I know none of that makes it less awful, but I don't think it is particularly any more awful than any kid that commits suicide. In my opinion, the time and ink spent on this story would have been better served discussing troop suicides.

how did the world get to this point? When did you ever think that a public teen suicide would not be "that big of a deal"?

Take it up with the AP it's their article. Christ.

Whoever edited that piece is in trouble - the stylebook says directly to use "hanged" in that instance.

Suicide is what happens when people lose their battle with depression, which is a sadly undertreated illness in our society. I heard somewhere that some 90 percent of people who kill themselves had never sought any sort of help for depression.

Suicide is what happens when people lose their battle with depression, which is a sadly undertreated illness in our society. I heard somewhere that some 90 percent of people who kill themselves had never sought any sort of help for depression.

A lot of it I think is ignorance on people's parts for not recognizing depression in those they love, and thus nothing is done while the depressed spirals into very bad things.

That story is fucked up, and so sad, I can't imagine what the guy was going through.

A lot of it I think is ignorance on people's parts for not recognizing depression in those they love,
Or recognizing it and ignoring it. I think it's a lot easier for people to say, "Ah, it's nothing. They'll get over it." and go on about their life than it is to stop and really try to help someone who is clearly hurting and going under. We humans can be an awfully selfish lot.
Or recognizing it and ignoring it. I think it's a lot easier for people to say, "Ah, it's nothing. They'll get over it." and go on about their life than it is to stop and really try to help someone who is clearly hurting and going under. We humans can be an awfully selfish lot.

I have to say sometimes it is hard to help tho. I have a young friend who has SEVERE issues. One night he got bad enough that I did take him to Emergency Mental Health. I stayed in the waiting area and only I and his biological father were allowed to visit (per my friend's request) while the hospital did what they needed to do. I couldn't get him to stay in therapy and I can't get him to ask for help even now. It sucks, really.

He won't go to or talk to his mother or step-father. While I was in the waiting room his mom, whom I've never met, finally showed up at about 8am. I had slept overnight waiting. I overheard her on the phone talking to a friend about he was just doing this for attention, etc. I was SO PISSED and yet I couldn't do a thing. I know SO MANY things about what's happened to him in his 21 short years than she'll ever know. :no

He may never get "fixed" but at least he has me. And on the other bright side, if there can be one, I will MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE my girls and I NEVER end up like this. Over the years, I have listened to my young friends (a good portion half my age) discuss their problems, their lives, their issues and it has given me great insight on how to handle my girls during the teenage years. I feel I was ready anyway but ANYTHING that can help I'll take.

Peace & Sympathy to this boy and his family and everyone who suffers from mental illness and to those who love these people, as well.

Yes! Im not for mourning through media I thought the princess dianna stuff was bullshit and I thought columbine coverage was insane. People kill themselves everyday.

How about that story of that transexual women who gave birtth and is claiming to be the first pregnat man thats a better one.

P.S its very tragic, obviously, but that has nothing to do with why these stories get coveragei its all blood lust.