Pear Jam's 10 reissue

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazon Link

I think I am going to get this one:

Legacy Edition (2 CD set):

Disc 1: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered (original mix)

Disc 2: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered and remixed by Brendan O'Brien, plus six bonus tracks:"Brother," "Just a Girl,", "State of Love and Trust," "Breath and a Scream," "2,000 Mile Blues" and "Evil Little Goat."

Wow. Sounds like an actual remix/remaster, rather than those remasters that really only seem to make it louder.

I was on the fence for a while, but I'm fully on board now. Legacy edition for me.

Wow. Sounds like an actual remix/remaster, rather than those remasters that really only seem to make it louder.

I was on the fence for a while, but I'm fully on board now. Legacy edition for me.

I had a feeling they were not going to just go for an entry in the Loudness War. I am glad they did not.

Which do you prefer?

of Alive? i think the original in this case to be honest... tough to say

Brendan's version of Porch is way way better though.

i haven't heard all of the new versions yet, just 4 tracks

of Alive? i think the original in this case to be honest... tough to say

Brendan's version of Porch is way way better though.

i haven't heard all of the new versions yet, just 4 tracks

Interesting. And I'm assuming that the version of Brother is the one with lyrics, correct (well, it must be if it's live)?

yes... but sadly it's a vastly VASTLY inferior take than the one we've had for the last 14 years or so :(

the lyrics are way different and not as good either. something tells me that someone in the band truly does hate that song.

I think the only version I have ever heard is the one on Lost Dogs.

There's the studio cut that's been floating around for awhile (along with Evil Goat) with the original lyrics. They're a little more polished than the Mookie Blaylock demos that we've heard.

There's the studio cut that's been floating around for awhile (along with Evil Goat) with the original lyrics. They're a little more polished than the Mookie Blaylock demos that we've heard.

I saw some multi volume Pearl Jam post on a bootleg blog a while back, I bet it was on there.

• 3 weeks later...

Would it be kosher to make another thread for this? If not, I'll just post here. Any Chicago area folks, please come out, it should be a great time!

What:

Please join us as we celebrate the re-release of Pearl Jam's seminal album Ten and its debut on Rock Band 2! We'll have two XBOXes set up on big-screen TVs at the bar for your XBOX/Rock Band enjoyment. Form a band with your friends and play the part of Ed, Matt, Jeff, Mike or Stone!

A raffle will be held with prizes to include:

* XBOX and Rock Band merch donated by Game Stop

* Pearl Jam DVDs, CDs, vinyl, clothing and memorabilia

* $50 bar tab from the Ashland

Proceeds from the raffle will benefit the Wishlist Foundation, CCFA, Advocacy for Patients and other organizations.

http://wishlistfoundation.org/

http://www.ccfa.org/chapters/northwest/

http://www.advocacyforpatients.org/

When:

Saturday, March 28

7:00 PM - 3:00 AM

Where:

The Ashland

2824 N. Ashland Blvd.

Chicago, IL

773-883-7297

View Map

The Ashland has an excellent beer selection with lots of bottles and Three Floyd's, Dogfish Head, Magic Hat & Rogue brews on tap. What's more, they will be donating 10% of their sales from the night to the Wishlist Foundation! C'mon out and have a drink for a good cause!

I'm still debating whether or not to buy this thing. I've got a $5 gift certificate for Best Buy, so I'm thinking I might put that toward a copy of the cheap edition next time I'm nearby.

I don't see myself listening to it more than a couple times, but I'm curious. I'm a very bad Pearl Jam fan.

I picked up the 2 cd Legacy Edition last night. I think it should have came with a magnifying glass - so we can read the liner notes.

I'm getting older, my eye sight is not quite what it once was and I concur...though I generally have trouble with most cd's because they use crappy fonts and/or color combos or print over pictures that make it hard to read etc...