Pear Jam's 10 reissue

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be nice to hear Ten without the Parashar/Palmer sheen.

In subsequent years, band members have expressed dissatisfaction with the way the album's mixing turned out. In 2001, Ament said, "I'd love to remix Ten. Ed, for sure, would agree with me...It wouldn't be like changing performances; just pull some of the reverb off it." In 2002, Gossard said, "It was 'over-rocked', we were novices in the studio and spent too long recording, doing different takes, and killing the vibe and overdubbing tons of guitar. There's a lot of reverb on the record." In 2006, Vedder said, "I can listen to the early records [except] the first record...it's just the sound of the record. It was kind of mixed in a way that was...it was kind of produced."
I'm a collector, what can I say... :stunned

i used to be... then realized how all my shit just sits in a box or on a shelf collecting dust ;)

but who am I kidding... if the wife is interested in the super deluxe and wants to split it with me, i'm sure we'll get it eventually :lol

as of now i'm thinking i'll stick w/ the deluxe CD

i am excited about this. although not a huge fan of either pearl jam or obrien, i respect them both. yield is a great album and obrien did a great job with it. so...a remixed ten sounds like a great idea!

i used to be... then realized how all my shit just sits in a box or on a shelf collecting dust ;)

but who am I kidding... if the wife is interested in the super deluxe and wants to split it with me, i'm sure we'll get it eventually :lol

as of now i'm thinking i'll stick w/ the deluxe CD

I know what you mean...I'm just a sucker for anything limited/special edition/fancy packaged. Can't be helped!

This could be interesting. I've always wondered what a re-mixed version of this record would sound like, but as it is, I mean, Ten was released my sophomore year of high school and remained in heavy rotation pretty much throughout college--that album, in all its original questionably-produced glory, is burned in my DNA. Sure, the production is somewhat dated, but there's a part of me that almost doesn't want to hear it messed with. (still curious, though)

PearlJam.com

Ten Re-Issue Super DeLuxe Edition Pre-Order

2 CDs, 1 DVD, 4 LPs, 1 Cassette Plus, Plus, Plus...

Pre-Orders randomly to be selected to be signed by PJ members

Free U.S. Shipping. $30 Canada/$50 International. To be shipped on or before March 24, 2009.

Pre-Orders must be purchased separately from other items.

• 4 weeks later...
Pearl Jam Rolls Out 'Ten' With Verizon

Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder

January 08, 2009 11:37 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Pearl Jam is rolling out tracks from the remastered version of its 1991 debut album, "Ten," exclusively through Verizon Wireless. A different song from the new edition, due March 24 from Epic, will go live through V Cast Music with Rhapsody for 10 consecutive weeks, beginning with "Once" on Jan. 13.

Beginning Jan. 9, Verizon Wireless subscribers who've downloaded the VZW Tones application can purchase ringtones, ringback tones and ringback jukeboxes from "Ten," including previously unavailable tones for "Once" and "Why Go." Videos for "Jeremy," "Even Flow," "Alive" and "Oceans" will also be available.

Pearl Jam first utilized V Cast last summer to sell select tracks from the authorized live bootlegs it made available through its official Web site.

As previously reported, an additional component of the "Ten" reissue is a new mix by producer Brendan O'Brien. The album is being offered in a variety of incarnations, the ritziest of which includes such bonuses as a cassette dub of the band's first demo tape with singer Eddie Vedder.

• 1 month later...