Is a winter residency '09 happening?

you only say that cuz Bugs Bunny taught everyone about Dez Moinez

• 3 weeks later...

I agree that another res would be so wonderful. I believe though, it is like giving birth to children. If you could actually remember how painful it was (in FEB in CHAICAGO) waiting in line for HOURS upon HOURS, you would never consider doing it again. But the joy of the outcome (and the passage of time) actually makes you long fop the whole process to be repeated! Then again, a res show in Aruba in Feb or in Chicago in June..... I know, I am getting old. I wouldn't trade the experinece (cold toes et al. ) for anything - especially meeting some great folks I still get to correspond with ---

I would agree that the usual cycle of new album, tour, more tour and more tour will preclude a residency for awhile.

Considering the very rough winter we are having here in Chicago, any thought of standing out this winter chills me to the bone. We just got a foot of snow that is going to be followed by brutal temps. Save us Wilco...save us....

LouieB

Get here late and just fight for the spots, as Jeff said on nite 3, which was probably -30F or something obscene like that.

I'd consider cashing some air miles to get to one of these....but yeah I wish they were maybe in April. On sunny late winter days.

Understanding that they aren't doing it this year - keep in mind they could do it at a reserved seat venue such as the Chicago Theater. In which case there would be no need to wait in a cold line...

I suppose if you count multi-night Auditorium shows (and the Vic), they have done many residencies...

LouieB

Honestly I don't see what the complaints are about the weather.

I showed up 45 min to 1 hr before start time and found good seats or good standing places.

if you really really feel the need to get that close to the stage or rush to get the first few rows of the balcony then you gotta suck it up, deal with the weather and not complain about it.

I think the great part about the residency is that it happened during a time (february) when most bands don't tour. There isn't a lot of other thigns going on in Chicago that time of year. It gives you the perfect break from the winter blues and gives you something to look forward to and enjoy.

i'd heard through the grapevine that they were working on scheduling another residency, but weren't able to work it out for '09 and are going to revisit and try for something in '10.

just thought i'd repost this. it was a very reliable grapevine.

• 2 weeks later...
the fuck you say!

I almost fell off my chair at my desk when I heard it... they mentioned it right after playing "Walken" and then preceeded to say that last year's residency was chosen by XRT listeners as the best concert(s) of the year in the annual listener poll.

They just mentioned something about this happening again on XRT, and to stay tuned to the Wilco webs for details?? :boff :rock

Anybody else hear anything?

Well, considering how late they are in announcing it, it's good news for those of us hoping that they do it in warmer months.

My prediction for this: they do it either in the middle of my exam week or during my graduation ceremony.

:yay

It's certain NOT to be during my spring break.

My 30th birthday is on the Friday of my spring break week. Come on, Wilco, I can't possibly make it any easier for you to play a show on my birthday :lol Seriously, though, the only time I'd be able to travel between now and mid-May is March 7-15, and I'd be shocked if they announced any shows for that time. Seeing Jeff once or twice will have to hold me over until summer.

Ahh, the benefits of working for yourself. Bring it on any month of the year, just bring it on.