General Soda thoughts...

So I have had several thoughts on soda (Pop if you will) recently. First off, I'm in the store and I notice some sort of Grateful Dead themed soda, so I pick it up and my mind has been blown, all the Pepsi brand logos have been changed. I 100% see a grateful dead theme going on! which isn't a bad thing. Then a few days later I see the greatest soda in the world, Moxie, is appearing in major grocery stores (at least in Rhode Island). Up until now I can only get it in small time shops, now I am seeing it at the Wal-Mart of Stop &Shops of the world. Are there any other Moxie drinkers here in ViaChicagoland? Just curious of how far it has reached now that it is appearing in major retail stores. Anyways here are the logos I speak of

http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew...new_bottles.php

Let the soda discussion begin!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not seeing a huge resemblance to the GD's Steal Your face logo besides the colors, but....

Blue Sky is fantastic, particularly the grape. Pretty much only drink Coke Zero for soda these days. And not often. Better than the Diet and tastes like a regular Coke but is less syrupy/sugary and has less crap in it, I guess. I used to be a Fresca cat but even it's too sweet for me now.

I mostly do a lot of bubble water these days (La Croix) because I wear Crocs on my leisure time.

ed. Beware of Pepsi drinkers. Seriously.

All Fresca, all the time.

I used to drink that stuff by the gallon. I got a bit tired of it after a while and have only had it sporadically over the past decade or so.

I've cut way back on my consumption lately, but my main poisons haven't changed much:

Diet Rite (especially the tangerine and white grape flavors)

Diet Cherry 7Up

Diet Sprite/Diet 7Up/Sierra Mist Free (if it's lemon/lime and diet, count me in)

Canada Dry Diet Cranberry Ginger Ale (when I can find it)

I'm avoiding caffeine and excessive sugar, so...

I used to drink that stuff by the gallon. I got a bit tired of it after a while and have only had it sporadically over the past decade or so.

I've cut way back on my consumption lately, but my main poisons haven't changed much:

Diet Rite (especially the tangerine and white grape flavors)

Diet Cherry 7Up

Diet Sprite/Diet 7Up/Sierra Mist Free (if it's lemon/lime and diet, count me in)

Canada Dry Diet Cranberry Ginger Ale (when I can find it)

I'm avoiding caffeine and excessive sugar, so...

We looked all over for the diet version of that last month. Couldn't find it, and even the regular version was pretty scarce. It was a holiday favorite for us. Did you find it this year? The Sierra Mist cranberry is not nearly as good. Didn't try the pomegranate 7-up. Apparently pomegranate is the new cranberry.

We looked all over for the diet version of that last month. Couldn't find it, and even the regular version was pretty scarce. It was a holiday favorite for us. Did you find it this year? The Sierra Mist cranberry is not nearly as good. Didn't try the pomegranate 7-up. Apparently pomegranate is the new cranberry.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I found any of the diet Canada Dry this year. I saw a bit of the regular, but not much.

I have a couple of 2-liter bottles of the diet pomegranate 7Up in reserve. It's pretty good, but not my favorite.

And yes, the Sierra Mist cranberry is "meh" at best.

DIET COKE only and all the time! Unless, there's only Pepsi products available (like at my job)...*sigh*...then I just suck it up.

Whatever the new Pepsi logo is supposed to do, it ain't doin' it for me.

DIET COKE only and all the time! Unless, there's only Pepsi products available (like at my job)...*sigh*...then I just suck it up.

Yep. Although Lammy has my curiosity up about that Coke Zero which I Have never tried.

Tomorrow I'm going to put on my Crocs for the first time and drink a big old bottle of coke Zero.

I have no opinion about the bottles, but have to admit that the discussion below made me cringe endlessly. Does anybody (other than the people who design them) care that much about product labels? Yikes. Most soda drinkers already have a set preference one way or another to Coke products or Pepsi products. I would think that these people will continue to buy whatever they customarily buy anyway and will likely not even notice that labels have changed. But at least a handful of marketing junkies will think this is really fascinating for about a week or so. :lol