The Official Bob Dylan Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

also another australian tour.... $195 for Melbourne in April. Bob's pulling one of my arms and brain is pulling the other, saying dont go.

although i'll gladly ignore renaldo and clara

It would be nice to have that concert footage in non-bootleg quality though.

Found this via Expecting Rain.

From the Village Voice:

A Word From Todd Snider: What Would You Say If You Met Bob Dylan?

It seems like Snider has a lot of friends who ran into him. :lol

I thought the below was funny:

can you imagine how many people that never even consider once what

they would say if they met bob dylan get to.

and i'm standing around here like a schmuck.

and what do they say? they say shit like "my dad loves you"

or "my kid loves you" or "when are you going to do this or that again"

or "we loved you in the '60s"

you know i bet he gets as much of that as he gets the

"what did you mean by this" or "what made you say that"

or how bout the odd "were you talking about me"

fuck i've got that before. and i'm a folk singer from the '90s for fuck's sake.

I probably wouldn't say anything besides maybe a "Hey" if I ran into Dylan.

That reminds me - I meant to post this the other day.

'My Own Love Song', with Dylan soundtrack, gets North American distribution

The movie My Own Love Song, which includes a soundtrack by Bob Dylan featuring 16 unreleased songs, has found a North American distributor, and is presumably going directly to DVD and Blu-Ray. The film has previously been released for home viewing in other territories. The movie was never widely distributed in the United States.

According to a press release, "Inception Media Group has acquired all North American home video, digital and non-theatrical rights from Studio 37, the Paris-based film subsidiary of French telecommunications company Orange." My Own Love Song stars Renée Zellweger and Forest Whitaker, and features Nick Nolte. The film was directed by Olivier Dahan, who also directed the Academy Award-winning film, "La Vie en Rose."

From the press release:

"We are anticipating great support for this film among the retail and distribution community," said Andy Reimer, partner, Inception Media Group, LLC. "With two Academy Award®-winning actors, a legendary Academy Award®-nominee and original music by one of the most renowned singer-songwriters in the world, this is a perfect mass-market title."

As previously reported, the soundtrack also includes five tracks from Together Through Life, a handful of covers of Dylan songs, and songs written by Robert Johnson, Woody Guthrie, Frédéric Chopin, and others. Here's the list of new titles from Bob Dylan's score:

BOB DYLAN SCORE (Dylan / Music Score):

Bumble Bee

Snow Falling

New Orleans Drums

Blues Club (Playback)

East Texas

Jane's Lament

Billie # 30

Road Weary

Robbie Robert's Lament

Jane's Step

Sweeping The Floor

Joey's Theme

Driving South

Back Alley

Click Clack

Swingin'

Currently, there is no date for the North American release of the DVD/Blu-Ray of My Own Love Song. It is still doubtful that a separate soundtrack CD will be released.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone catch Dylan at the Grammy's? He played a very cool rendition of Maggie's Farm with the Avett Brothers and Mumford and Sons. Looked like he was a having fun up there! And imagine how much of an honor it was for those guys to play with him! Gave me the chills just watching it...

Anyone catch Dylan at the Grammy's? He played a very cool rendition of Maggie's Farm with the Avett Brothers and Mumford and Sons. Looked like he was a having fun up there! And imagine how much of an honor it was for those guys to play with him! Gave me the chills just watching it...

yeah, i caught it. the beginning was rough but kinks got worked out. his voice is god awful these days. wow. he looked like he was digging it though. he really looked like a song & dance man up there.

I was seriously expecting to see him in his black cowboy outfit with that "wedding cake." btw, was anyone wondering about that thing he was holding that turned out to be a microphone? I thought it was some sort of flashlight. I sorta wish he had a longer harmonica solo. It kinda seemed like he wanted a longer one as the band wrapped the song up.

• 2 weeks later...

Suze Rotolo died yesterday..

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/02/suze_rotolo_194.php

she was one of bob's first girlfriends, had boots of spanish leather written about her and is the cute girl walking with him on the cover of the Freewheelin' album

Too young to go. RIP.

Have any of you read "A Freewheelin' Time"? I know it's more about the times they were in and not about her and Dylan. I came across it at a store last year, but I didn't bother with it. Should I have?

So I heard 2 different things about the next volume of Chronicles. One article said it was going to be about the Blonde on Blonde sessions and one said it was about the Blood on the Tracks sessions. Anybody hear anything definitive?

volume or chapter within the volume?. i'd prefer Blood on the tracks

The article I read in MOJO said it was rumored he has signed a new six book deal with Simon and Schuster which will include 2 sequels to Chronicles. It said volume 2 is supposedly centering on Blonde on Blonde and another collection based on his radio show. But as the article said, Dylan wasn't elaborating.

I would prefer Blood on the Tracks also.