The Official Bob Dylan Thread

BOB DYLAN COMPLETES NEW ALBUM AND ANNOUNCES UK TOUR DATES

The icon's new material is due for release in April

Bob Dylan looks set to release an album of entirely new material in late April. Ten new tracks are expected for the record, which was reportedly recorded in California in October of last year.

The songs have been mixed and sequenced and playbacks are believed to have recently taken place in Sony

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TheMaker complains that it's derivative blues!!

he's already scored it a 2/10 and easily Dylan's worst album since Infidels :lol

but i'm with you Matt on MT... i loved that one for what it was too, but hoping for a change of pace from the last 2-3

every album I/we get from here on out from Dylan is a blessing. Who knows how many more there will be. I guess you can say the same thing about any band, but it feels different with this guy.

in his case, this is true... i'm at the same point with Neil Young now too

Guest Wilco Rules Me

Modern Times and Love & Theft

I only needed one of these two albums.

I hope he is on a different musical path with this new album.

Edit to clarify. (Only God can read my thoughts)

they gave new springsteen 5 stars too...so, let's all get our grain of salt ready.

Springsteen, Dylan, U2, all get 5 stars. I hope the Dylan and U2 are better than the Springsteen which was not bad but not 5 stars. And Jason Isbell gets 3 stars. Not sure about their rating system at this point.

at this point? that mag has sucked for years. i've bought maybe 3 RS issues in the last 10 years.

That's three more than I have bought...

I am sure Dylan will do lots of blues, it is what he seems to fall back on these days (last couple decades..)

LouieB

There is really nothing really wrong with RS that isn't wrong with most of the other music mags anyway...one would expect RS to fawn over Dylan and Springsteen...actually I have read plenty of RS, usually when I go into Borders or some bookstore looking for something else.

(who is HST??)

LouieB