The Official Bob Dylan Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Check out bobdylan.com for the album cover and a video of bob talking about the new album!!

http://www.bobdylan.com/

2667_611702092622_68137594_37354112_2682102_n.jpg

That right there is a pretty album cover. From what I've heard about this, I'm looking forward to hearing it. It's strange (and awesome) that pretty much all of my favorite artists have already released an album this year or have one scheduled for release fairly soon.

It's strange (and awesome) that pretty much all of my favorite artists have already released an album this year or have one scheduled for release fairly soon.

Me too! My top three favorites have something coming out! They are...Wilco, Bob and Tom Waits (Though, that one may be next year). It's gonna be AWESEOME!!! :dancing

Waits does have something coming out this year? Holy crap! I'm pretty much in the same boat, then. It's like all my favs just got together behind closed doors and conspired to release something in 2009.

Well, hopefully this year.... However, it might be early 2010.

As for new material, Waits and his long time collaborator and wife, Kathleen Brennan, have begun writing new songs, which they plan to record this summer for an upcoming album. (No release date at this time.)

http://www.antilabelblog.com/?p=1513

Really looking forward to some new Tom Waits. I loved 'Real Gone' and the 'Orphans' package. I can't think of many artists who just keep getting better and have not really put out a bad album. Everything Tom does has been touched by greatness, whereas Neil Young and Dylan have both put out some stinky albums over the years.

Uncut Hears The New Bob Dylan Album

2009-03-17 17:15:33

We now know that the new Bob Dylan album, which unexpectedly will be with us on April 27, is called Together Through Life. We know also that it was written and recorded quickly.

Continued...

Dylan had been asked by the French film director Olivier Dahan, who made the Edith Piaf biopic, La Vie En Rose, which Dylan had apparently liked, to write some songs for his new movie, My Own Love Song. Dylan duly came up with a ballad called

I hope it doesn't sound too like 'Thunder on the Mountain' and 'Rollin and Tumblin' as they are two of the weaker tracks of 'Modern Times'. I still have a good feeling about this new record, and I'm loving the album cover. However, take whatever Uncut says with a pinch of salt, as it would have to be a really bad album for them not to give it a maximum rating (rather like Rolling Stone on your side of the pond). Uncut LOVE Bob Dylan xx

Me too! My top three favorites have something coming out! They are...Wilco, Bob and Tom Waits (Though, that one may be next year). It's gonna be AWESEOME!!! :dancing

Andrew Bird, Nels (both the solo album and the one he'll be recording soon with the Singers), U2, Wilco, Dylan, Sonic Youth...I think that's just about all of my favorites. I feel spoiled by all the new releases this year!

I hope this new album does not stink up the place. The dude must be cheap.

I saw this story on the TMZ last night (yea, I sort of addicted to the show now.....my bad) and it is a stitch and a half. What the hell does anyone need a portajohn for with a huge fucking house in Malibu anyway? Can't he and his house guests use the probably half dozen or more bathrooms IN THE HOUSE????

In his old age Dylan is going off the deep end I guess.

LouieB

I saw this story on the TMZ last night (yea, I sort of addicted to the show now.....my bad) and it is a stitch and a half. What the hell does anyone need a portajohn for with a huge fucking house in Malibu anyway? Can't he and his house guests use the probably half dozen or more bathrooms IN THE HOUSE????

In his old age Dylan is going off the deep end I guess.

LouieB

It's for security guards. I don't think he's crazy.

My first thought was - why can't just take some of his bread and build a brick and mortar bathroom next to the guardhouse. I assume he does not want them in the house. That is not surprising - given all the stories you hear about stuff that was stolen by people working for John and Yoko, and other famous people.

It's for security guards. I don't think he's crazy.

Then build a guard house with a flush toilet in it....he can afford that; or get it serviced regularly. According to the story I heard it would cost an extra $70 bucks a week to maintain it properly. Don't you think he makes enough to do that? Why piss off his neighbors?? Does he have that many guards who take that many dumps???

LouieB