The Official Bob Dylan Thread

"Are you really going to go on tour with that guy?"

What does this mean and who is she talking about. It sounds as if she thinks the idea of touring with Willie or Bob is repugnant.

What that article doesn't mention is she said it right after finishing a cover of "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright" - so "that guy" isn't a jab at Dylan.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...mellencamp-tour

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's a small sample (30 sec) of Beyond Here Lies Nothin' on amazon.com in the mp3 downloads section! :dancing

well, i don't like the sound of that much. it just sounds like it's going to be like the last album, but with an accordian and some horns playing the bog-standard "call and response" riffs instead of guitars. what happened to the brillaint liquid arrangements of "love and theft"?

:lol yes this is 30 secs, and yes i'm still right - before someone questions me and my concrete views!

To me, it reminds me more of "Time Out of Mind" than "Modern Times." But I'll hold off on what I think until I hear the whole record.

or even Love & Theft... def sounds way diff than Modern Times imo.

i like the sound of that short clip a lot

edit: the song will be a free download for 24 hours only on bobdylan.com starting at 6pm CST :dancing

i think when this streams we need to have a 'red river shore' vs 'beyond here lies nothin' fight just to see how they stack up next to each other, seeing as how i've read a couple of times how the new songs have that feel about them (and not just simply because they both have accordian - cos that would be a bit silly); and how people here hear a time out of mind feel too.

oh sorry, Monday, March 24th i thought i read?

From ExpectingRain.com

bobdylan.com free download of "Beyond Here Lies Nothing" on Monday for 24 hrs starting 1801.

So, it is this Monday the 30th.