• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is a

and this is a typical zydeco dance number

zydeco is dance music - you can't dance to this album.

here's some

i'd be interested to find out the chord progressions for the new album.

i've been playing guitar for nearly 20 years now, but thanks ;)

but again, i never called it straight up zydeco either, just that it has plenty of elements of it and would argue it's closer to that than straight up 12 bar blues. and i'd argue you can dance to plenty of the songs on here, waltzes and faster numbers.

anywho, regardless, this seems to be getting fairly great reviews from friends & critics alike.

anywho, regardless, this seems to be getting fairly great reviews from friends & critics alike.

worst reason to like a record

i've been playing guitar for nearly 20 years now, but thanks wink.gif

but again, i never called it straight up zydeco either, just that it has plenty of elements of it and would argue it's closer to that than straight up 12 bar blues. and i'd argue you can dance to plenty of the songs on here, waltzes and faster numbers.

ok, what are the elements? that's all i asked. it's got an accordian, but so has a lot of folk music from europe. zydeco has certain accents within it's structure that make it zydeco. i can look up the structure if i really have to - that's why it's a certain type of dance music, like all dance music has accents for dancers to step to. just like reggae does to make it stand apart from the standard 4-4 time.

some of the stuff on this record isn't far off that... (This Dream of You is prolly the best example w/ the accordion + fiddle interplay)

regardless, it's def not zydeco, nor am i claiming it to be, just that it reminds me of it more than it does any straight up 12 bar blues (only elements i hear of that really are the basslines on a few songs, Jolene, etc.)

friend of mine called it some great "swamp music", maybe that's a bit more accurate and all encompassing.

did i say it was a reason to like it?

nice try tho

No you didn't but you acted as if this defended your opinion.

No you didn't but you acted as if this defended your opinion.

no, i'd never use that as an excuse, nor do i feel like i need to defend my opinion on this record really. i was just stating what I said previously (re: being in the minority).

also, that Guardian review claims Modern Times as a far superior record to this... which while i loved MT too, i think most folks won't agree with it being better than 'Together'

also, that Guardian review claims Modern Times as a far superior record to this... which while i loved MT too, i think most folks won't agree with it being better than 'Together'

i'd say it is superior to this, but it's still not very good. i thought this new one was going to sound like Time Out Of Mind anyway, so people should be comparing it to that.

:dancing Whohooo! I have two chances to see him this summer!!!

Dear Friends,

Bob Dylan has just announced an ambitious line-up for this year's summer concert tour. Along with fellow troubadour Willie Nelson, this summer The Bob Dylan Show will also feature John Mellencamp, marking just the second time in the past 24 years that these three performers have shared the concert stage.

bobdylan.com is happy to offer pre-sale tickets for all ballpark shows to its visitors, going on sale starting on Monday, April 27. At each venue, the gates will open 30 minutes early for holders of tickets purchased during the bobdylan.com pre-sale. For details, see the bobdylan.com Tour page.

Since first embarking on a tour of minor league baseball parks in 2004, over a half-million fans have come together to spend a night under the stars. With free admittance for children*, these tours draw a multi-generational fan base rarely seen on the concert circuit, causing one reporter to describe it as, "more like a backyard party than a rock concert." The Boston Globe ranked the tour amongst "the most relaxed, enjoyable shows of the year. "You Can't Beat Fun At The Old Ballpark," came a headline from the Chicago Sun Times.

All concert tickets are priced at $67.50 and most shows are general admission, allowing fans to grab a seat in the stands or find a place to watch from the field. Tickets will go on sale throughout the month of May and will be available at the local ballpark ticket office and affiliated ticket outlets. There is no baseball game on the day of the show. *Children 14 and under get in free with each adult ticket holder.

Showtime is 5:30pm and gates open at 5:00. Gates will open at 4:30 for holders of bobdylan.com pre-sale tickets.

For more information about Bob Dylan's summer tour dates and pre-sale opportunities, visit bobdylan.com

Date City On-Sale Pre-Sale

7/2 Sauget, IL at GCS Ballpark 5/2 4/27

7/4 South Bend, IN at Coveleski Stadium 5/2 4/27

7/8 Louisville, KY at Louisville Slugger Field 5/9 5/4

7/10 Dayton, OH at Fifth Third Field 5/2 4/27

7/11 Eastlake, OH at Classic Park 5/2 4/27

7/13 Washington, PA at Consol Energy Park 5/2 4/27

7/14 Allentown, PA at Coca-Cola Park 5/2 4/27 :w00t I grew up in Allentown! Never would've seen that one happening!

7/15 New Britain, CT at New Britain Stadium 5/9 5/4

7/19 Syracuse, NY at Alliance Bank Stadium 5/9 5/4

7/21 Pawtucket, RI at McCoy Stadium 5/9 5/4

7/23 Lakewood, NJ at FirstEnergy Park 5/2 4/27

7/24 Aberdeen, MD at Ripken Stadium 5/9 5/4

7/25 Norfolk, VA at Harbor Park 5/9 5/4 (I now live here!!!!!) :dancing

7/28 Durham, NC at Durham Bulls Athletic Park 5/9 5/4

7/29 Sevierville, TN at Smokies Park 5/16 5/11

8/4 Round Rock, TX at The Dell Diamond 5/16 5/11

8/5 Corpus Christi, TX at Whataburger Field 5/16 5/11

8/7 Grand Prairie, TX at QuikTrip Park 5/30 5/25

8/11 Glendale, AZ at Camelback Ranch 5/16 5/11

8/12 Las Vegas, NV at Cashman Field 5/30 5/25

8/14 Fresno, CA at Chukchansi Park 5/30 5/25

8/15 Stockton, CA at Banner Island Ballpark 5/30 5/25

:dancing Whohooo! I have two chances to see him this summer!!!

why why why is anybody paying over $30 to see dylan. it's just ridiculous. he's a legend, but live is terrible. springsteen is coming this sunday. cheapest tic is 95 bucks before the sodomy of surcharges. i'm going down and i'm gonna get in for $20. and at least it will be a listenable show!

why why why is anybody paying over $30 to see dylan. it's just ridiculous. he's a legend, but live is terrible. springsteen is coming this sunday. cheapest tic is 95 bucks before the sodomy of surcharges. i'm going down and i'm gonna get in for $20. and at least it will be a listenable show!

Yeah, $67.50 is a bit much....But call me crazy, I really enjoy his live shows! Plus, I think he's been sounding very good on this tour so far! :yes

You know, if it were $45, I'd do the Allentown date for sure, since I"ll be in eastern PA visiting my family after a long weekend trip catching Wilco in Wilmington. But I paid around $75 to see him last summer, and it was an incredibly disappointing show. I don't know if he was half-assing it because it was a really small market, or if he was having an off night, but it was the worst of the five or six of his shows I've seen. I'll think about it, but unless I'm absolutely in love with this album, I'll probably skip it.