The Official Bob Dylan Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Check out bobdylan.com for the album cover and a video of bob talking about the new album!!

http://www.bobdylan.com/

I always loved this Robert Frank photo!!!

2667_611702092622_68137594_37354112_2682102_n.jpg

Cool, thanks! What a great little conversation. I wish they gave us the audio - I'd love to hear Bob say the name 'Renee Zellweger.'

I'm feeling Sam Shepard when Bob talks about the album, and looking at the cover.

the deluxe edition has 2 discs!

man, this waiting sucks. i think that one song should be temporarily titled, "I Feel a Leak Comin' On."

I am curious to hear it. I only hope it is not like the last album he made.

I am curious to hear it. I only hope it is not like the last album he made.

Seconded.

I love this:

There didn’t seem to be any general consensus among my listeners. Some people preferred my first period songs. Some, the second. Some, the Christian period. Some, the post Colombian. Some, the Pre-Raphaelite. Some people prefer my songs from the nineties. I see that my audience now doesn’t particular care what period the songs are from. They feel style and substance in a more visceral way and let it go at that. Images don’t hang anybody up. Like if there’s an astrologer with a criminal record in one of my songs it’s not going to make anybody wonder if the human race is doomed. Images are taken at face value and it kind of freed me up.

The interviewer makes it sound as if Modern Times was a big hit because it was Modern Times. I'm a huge Dylan fan, but I also believe given that Bob's star has been doing nothing but rising in the past decade, he could've released Under The Red Sky 2 and it would've been received just as well.

i'm hot and cold with zimmy. i've desperately wanted to get in to him for years, but it hasn't clicked. i love greatest hits III and i enjoyed most of modern times. this new one i'm excited about. the cover art is quite masterful, if indeed it is to be the cover. i just love his lyrics. i think i'm gonna force myself to live with highway 61 for a while and see if it takes.

i just love his lyrics. i think i'm gonna force myself to live with highway 61 for a while and see if it takes.

You shouldn't have to live with it for too long. If that opening snare kick doesn't convince you by 00:01, you can probably move on.

I'd like to know who the "Wife" is in the song "My Wife's Hometown". As far as I know, he is no longer married.

From the interview: :yeaahh

I suspect that a lot of men will identify with MY WIFE
In June of 1986, Dylan married his longtime backup singer Carolyn Dennis (often professionally known as Carol Dennis). Their daughter, Desiree Gabrielle Dennis-Dylan, was born on January 31, 1986. The couple divorced in October 1992. Their marriage and child remained a closely guarded secret until the publication of Howard Sounes' Dylan biography, Down the Highway: The Life Of Bob Dylan in 2001

I thought I'd post the interview too!

A lot of this album feels like a Chess record from the fifties. Did you have that sound in your head going in or did it come up as you played?

Well some of the things do have that feel. It