Can't post the videos from my phone, but he was arguing balls and strikes, got tossed and then there was the typical 'in the face argument' that normally wouldn't warrant a suspension, except that the hats touched.

I just don't get how magglio is being a 'million dollar crybaby'. It is understood that players do not touch the umpires, so the same standards should apply. I don't think it's wrong of magglio or leyland to make that point known.

And the umpire immediately and unequivocally apologized for touching Ordonez. Did Bradley?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the umpire immediately and unequivocally apologized for touching Ordonez. Did Bradley?

Bradley did not touch the guy. Watch the at bat. He should have been thrown out of the game for arguing balls and strikes, he should not have been suspended.

Bradley did not touch the guy. Watch the at bat. He should have been thrown out of the game for arguing balls and strikes, he should not have been suspended.

Thus my request to bobbob for video of the incident. Do you have a link?

Bradley has a history of aggression as well. Why should he be close enough to the umpire that he might make contact with his cap (batting helmet?) in an argument over balls and strikes? But if he didn't touch the umpire, he shouldn't have been suspended.

I was just noting that if a player touches an umpire it's unquestionably a suspension, regardless of whether he apologizes or not.

Not saying the ump should be suspended, but leyland and ordonez had every right to be upset, in my opinion, because if either had done that it's be a suspension. I was responding to cryptique saying that he was being a crybaby' who demanded coddling. I think that is ridiculous to say.

Thus my request to bobbob for video of the incident. Do you have a link?

Bradley has a history of aggression as well. Why should he be close enough to the umpire that he might make contact with his cap (batting helmet?) in an argument over balls and strikes? But if he didn't touch the umpire, he shouldn't have been suspended.

I found it here. It also looks like they did reduce his suspension to one game.

Two things from that clip. That was totally a ball and it doesn't look like he touched the ump at all.

I agree Bradley is a hot head, but the suspension is the result of his prior actions, not what happened to with the Ump.

Leyland should back the fuck off.

I think Leyland may have been pulling a "Piniella" by reacting to some small thing to channel aggression through, to try to take some pressure off his players, letting some emotions pour out. The Tigers aren't quite what they could be and sometimes managers try to transfer pressure away from the players; and sometimes this kind of tactic works. It worked a couple of years ago when Piniella had a blow-up with an ump a couple of days after the Zambrano-Barrett fight. The pressure blew away and the Cubs (and Zambrano) played well for the rest of the year.

This is the pros: Sometimes you just gotta be an asshole to get results you haven't been getting out of talented players.

i.e. The ump didn't matter here, it was the player and the team that needed a lift. The blow-up was instinctual on several different layers.

Apparently due tot the recent power surge by Cubs Short Stop Ryan Theriot, he has been accused of juicing. Which unfortunately is the times we live in. Reed Johnson, the Cubs backup infielder has this to say about Theriot in is blog. I am now convinced that Reed Johnson is insane. At lesat he doesn't have a voice inside his head, named Farney, like newly acquired Cub, Ryan Freel.

Guest Hollinger.

Very cool situation...

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- An error on the Tampa Bay Rays' official lineup card forced starting pitcher Andy Sonnanstine to bat in Sunday's game against Cleveland.

The Rays listed Ben Zobrist and Evan Longoria as the third baseman on the card given to the umpires before the start of the game. Longoria was supposed to be the designated hitter.

After the top of the first, in which Zobrist played third, the game was delayed 13 minutes as the umpires discussed the matter among themselves and individually with Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon and Cleveland manager Eric Wedge.

The umpires pulled the Indians off the field midway through the delay.

The Rays lost their DH position due to the error, meaning Sonnanstine replaced Longoria in the third spot of the lineup. Longoria was available to come off the bench.

Very cool situation...

If it wasn't a rule in NL it would be cooler I guess. I have always felt the NL game is better and far more interesting with double switches and whatnot. Also when you have good hitting pitchers it can be fun (Big Z) or you can have your pitcher try to run out a bunt and pull a hammy (Big Z again).

Though it would be neat to see a pitcher hit like 3rd or 4th, which I am presuming he did.

Well, Delgado has the same injury A-Rod has. I hope Carlos does not start getting into the Kabbalah, but if he wants to have sex with Madonna, that's his business. If Reyes heals up, I would not be surprised if he gets traded for a big bat or a front-line starter.

damn, Rickie Weeks out for the season for Brewers. I feel so bad for him, he was starting to get into his real game.

I may actually be depressed about this. For the first time, it was joy to watch Rickie play... all those years of futile rooting seemed to finally be paying off.

Gallardo last year, Weeks this year. Maybe Gamel can help offset the loss. That homer tonight was a line drive rocket.

Apparently due tot the recent power surge by Cubs Short Stop Ryan Theriot, he has been accused of juicing. Which unfortunately is the times we live in. Reed Johnson, the Cubs backup infielder has this to say about Theriot in is blog. I am now convinced that Reed Johnson is insane. At lesat he doesn't have a voice inside his head, named Farney, like newly acquired Cub, Ryan Freel.

That Freel thing is funny in a kind of scary way. And as far as Reed Johnson talking steroids, I love when these guys come out and say "despite that guy testing positive, we have all cleaned up this crap" That holds water until the next week when guy B, C, D , E all test positive. Got to love the player's union.