Bookmarked. That's the stuff, thanks. I'm curious, what does "We use it for everything we do" refer to?

I'm in the stats dept for a widely hated (especially internally) network that you've probably heard of.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worldwide Leader (we're so cocky...not me, i swear, i'm way too laid back to be there much longer...wow, i went off there a little)

well, hell. If you don't want to work there, hook a brother up!

This may have been touched upon, but looking at the stats over the weekend, I don't know of a time in my life that anyone had as good a shot at the triple crown as Pujols. Unlike in years past there's really no one running away with average (like Gwynn back in the day). He's only a few points behind Rodriguez, and he's got a stiff lead in home runs and RBIs. He's done this without forsaking power. True anyone can get hot, but I think, especially with the Cards solidly in the pennant race, he's got a shot.

Guest Jules

Am I th only one who is amazed ay how big albert's gotten everytime you see him?

And not big in the Pablo Sandoval, kung fu panda way.

I'm with you. He's enormous.

If Albert pujols walked into any NFL camp, they'd at least run him out at middle linebacker in drills based solely on his size and see if he can keep up. He's outrageously large.

I just got back from a nice Phillies win. 22-1 over Cinci :)

capt.a9bda89366ce47ee8eb57a11d104dc12.reds_phillies_baseball_pxs101.jpg

Brings to mind the Phils' 26-7 win over the Mets in 85. I remember after a walk to the Mets' leadoff man in the 9th, hearing to Harry Kalas say, "The one thing you don't want to do with a 19-run lead in the 9th is walk somebody." After a pause, he corrected himself. "Actually, with a 19-run lead in the 9th, you can do pretty much anything."

Or maybe it was Whitey.

ashburn_kalas_19801.jpg

baseballreference.com is the best public site to use for any mlb research. We use it for everything we do.

From a player's gamelog, you can just click on any start and end date to come up with the totals for that range.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?n1=lestejo01&t=p&year=2009

Their accuracy is top-notch as well. I confirm certain numbers with Elias sometimes just be sure and have yet to find a discrepancy. CBS, on the other hand, is garbage.

That site is great. I use it all the time. It links over to similar sites for Basketball and football, but they are not nearly as good.

Baseball reference is kept open constantly at work and is used to settle all debates (or sometimes we'll just sit there and marvel at pedro's late 90's numbers.)

Put me down for a 'nay' on The John Smoltz Experiment.

i hope he works out. his fastball was 93 mph in the 6th and he has not pitched in a year. he will put it together in the next couple of starts.

i hope he works out. his fastball was 93 mph in the 6th and he has not pitched in a year. he will put it together in the next couple of starts.

Oh I would hope he does too, just wish he was in Pawtucket.

Roy Halladay looks like he's going to be moved.

Not sure the yanks have the prospects to get him, the red sox might, but I can't see them getting another sp.

Some team is going to give their top 3 prospects to get him, I wish that team was the marlins. We've got the prospects, but neither the money now the balls to make that deal. Very few teams even have a package the blue jays should want.

Roy Halladay looks like he's going to be moved.

Not sure the yanks have the prospects to get him, the red sox might, but I can't see them getting another sp.

Some team is going to give their top 3 prospects to get him, I wish that team was the marlins. We've got the prospects, but neither the money now the balls to make that deal. Very few teams even have a package the blue jays should want.

I am not a stathead but is he as good as he was BEFORE he pitched with appendicitis? It seemed to me like he wasn't as strong after. But this is all just anecdotal.

I am not a stathead but is he as good as he was BEFORE he pitched with appendicitis? It seemed to me like he wasn't as strong after. But this is all just anecdotal.

He's one of the 5 best pitchers in baseball.