NHL Offseason 2009

From the Hockey News:

NHL disciplinarian Colin Campbell will have some video to watch after Scott Niedermayer elbowed Datsyuk in the final seconds of the game, which led to a fight between the two at the buzzer. But given the fact a precedent has been set allowing players to cold-cock unsuspecting opponents in the face in this year
  • Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Canuck, I can't believe someone obtained this film of you.

I have to be honest, that's almost how I felt :lol I was directing a city council broadcast and all I wanted to do was go home and sulk but they went on for hours about some new police building, it was the worst night of my life, well, close!

Anyways you probably just jinxed your Wings. Booo-urns! The Wings better crush the Hawks.

I have to be honest, that's almost how I felt :lol I was directing a city council broadcast and all I wanted to do was go home and sulk but they went on for hours about some new police building, it was the worst night of my life, well, close!

Anyways you probably just jinxed your Wings. Booo-urns! The Wings better crush the Hawks.

Why all the hate on the Hawks :brow

It's not like they didn't beat the Canucks fair/square. Plus, I was 2 the last time the hawks won the cup. I think that the Wings have won, what 4 times since then? 5 times?

I don't want the Wings to win again, they are Cup-hogs and need to let someone else have a chance, haha. But I'm pulling for Bruins/Wings final.

I really liked the Hawks before the series but Byfuglien (who was my favorite Hawk as he was a PG Cougar and we have many mutual acquaintances, I've heard nothing but good things about him) had that smart ass grin the entire time, even when the Hawks were down 2-1 in the series. Plus, Kane had that really cocky comment about Willie Mitchell that just kind of pissed me off. So now, they're on my hate list. I'll probably forgive them after the playoffs. The Hawks were my #2 team all year, they're so fun to watch and I love seeing players my age or younger than me succeed.

EDIT: Damn Caps got bamboozeled!

I was at a bar tonight and I saw the score of the Caps/Pens game. I couldn't really see it, I assumed it said 1-0 Pittsburgh, then they scored again and I could make out 5-0.

Crosby>Ovechkin? I personally don't care, Crosby is more of a playmaker when he wants to be so I like that, but Ovechkin is an amazing goal scorer (as much as I'd love to hate him for his douchbaggery).

I'll be at a gig tomorrow night, so I'm turning off my phone (with a Bruins-related message) avoiding every TV/computer/radio/family member I may see, breaking out the old VCR and watching upon my re-arrival Friday morning. This is the first Bruins game I've missed since like...February? :( Oh well, hopefully I'll have a wonderful Friday morning.

Lucky, I work nights and missed too many games this season... I mean, I can turn them on at work but it's hard to follow the flow of the game when you're dealing with the kinds of people I deal with and 25+ year old equipment.. woooo. How popular are the Bruins at the moment compared to other Boston sports teams?

Crosby has been getting too much criticism for being a whiner this season, he's still one hell of a player and argueably the best skater in the game. The great thing about Crosby is that he can be a set-up man but he's also a great goal scorer when he needs to be.

How popular are the Bruins at the moment compared to other Boston sports teams?

People are interested again. I see and hear a lot more about the B's than last year. Still, they're #4 (Sox, Pats, Celts, Bruins). Hopefully a deep playoff run will turn things around.

I will now do the versus commentary for the east finals.... sidney crosby sidney crosby sidney crosby sidney crosby sidney crosby sidney crosby sidney crosby sidney crosby sidney crosby sidney crosby sidney crosby sidney crosby sidney crosby sidney crosby sidney crosby sidney crosby sidney crosby sidney crosby

sidney crosby

That's bad mojo, man. I'd be humble on the morning of a game 7, if I was you!!!

Bah. If they lose, they lose, and I can get on with my life. If they win, I get at least 4 more Wings games to watch and have my stomach churn like it is right now.

I'd love to see a blow-out like last night's game because I can't handle the close games!

Last nights game was so anti-climactic, I'm really disappointed in the Capitals. The only way it could have been worse was if it was 0-0 in the third, a goal tenders battle.

Guest Jules
Plus, Kane had that really cocky comment about Willie Mitchell that just kind of pissed me off.

I believe it was in response to Mitchell's comment about Kane only being a threat on the PP. Plus, Kane proved him wrong in game 6.

Go Ducks!

Southeast Michigan is a much less obnoxious place after the Red Wings bite it in the playoffs. It's been insufferable since last year. Please, Anaheim, restore calm to this region.

I don't want the Wings to win again, they are Cup-hogs and need to let someone else have a chance, haha. But I'm pulling for Bruins/Wings final.

I really liked the Hawks before the series but Byfuglien (who was my favorite Hawk as he was a PG Cougar and we have many mutual acquaintances, I've heard nothing but good things about him) had that smart ass grin the entire time, even when the Hawks were down 2-1 in the series. Plus, Kane had that really cocky comment about Willie Mitchell that just kind of pissed me off. So now, they're on my hate list. I'll probably forgive them after the playoffs. The Hawks were my #2 team all year, they're so fun to watch and I love seeing players my age or younger than me succeed.

EDIT: Damn Caps got bamboozeled!

The Kane comment was in response to Willie Mitchell saying every one of Kane's goals is lucky. I loved the kid's remark: he took a jackass comment by a mediocre veteran and made a joke out of it.

As for Byfuglien, he made life hell for Luongo and it was a beautiful thing. Luongo is one of my least favorite goalie's due to his constant cry-baby stuff like threatening to retire if they make the nets bigger. Grow up and be a role model, let alone a captain like your team made you.

I like the Canucks, but have very little respect for a handful of their players. If they can keep the twins and Luongo they'll be great for years.

WINGS!

Since I got a new TV and finally got HD on it, I can't stop watching hockey. Or playoff basketball. Or baseball. Whatever sport is on, basically.

Excellent game going on now, too. Go Canes.

Yeah - hockey is really improved by HD - the puck is easier to see and you get to see more of the ice.

Two Olde Six teams in a conference final!